April 2015 Moms
Options

Awkward...telling everyone!

Ok so it's already super weird telling everyone I'm pregnant, but seriously people touching my stomach has to be the weirdest!!
I'm only 13 weeks and just kinda bloated - I feel like telling them it's just my pudge their feeling and not a baby!!

Re: Awkward...telling everyone!

• Options
    Someone touched my belly yesterday when I told her I am pregnant. Awkward! Luckily I like this co-worker and she's touchy feely so I had it coming. But I'd rather not have anyone touch my belly, ever, thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes I have had my tummy fondled on at least one occasion now as well! I will never get used to it and I have a feeling it will only get worse as I grow :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, when i told even my mom she touched the fat part of my belly (i have a B belly) and i just wanted to curl into myself and turn away... and that was my own mother. I'm grateful no one else has tried yet.
  • Options
    A friend of mine has major baby fever and is three months in TTC. She asked if she could touch my belly at about 12 weeks, and I was all like, it's mostly fat, but knock yourself out! At least she didn't do it without asking.
  • Options
    JLaudioJLaudio member
    edited October 2014
    I had a friend of mine pull up my shirt to touch/see my belly at Chilis, which then turned into everyone at the table, like 12 people, wanting to see and read my tattoo, I was mortified.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    JLaudio said:

I had a friend of mine pull up my shirt to touch/see my belly at Chilis, which then turned into everyone at the table, like 12 people, wanting to see and read my tattoo, I was mortified.

Omg. To be degraded down to be pet by people is bad enough. The moment someone undressed me even a little bit, someone would have died. Not okay!!
  • Options
    Its just so random - like I don't have a bump yet - legit it's just some bloat and pre-pregnancy pudge!!

I would have smacked a stranger if they undressed me - not ok!!
  • Options
    My annoying monster in law thought she was being cute after I told her repeatedly to stop touching me. She tries to play grandma of the year already so when cameras are out her show goes on.
    imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    jk3610 said:

I do not want a single person touching my stomach besides my doctor and dh without asking first. That's so weird!

This. 100%. Sorry family. But it's weird.

• Options
    My sister's MIL touched my belly last night trying to feel the baby move. I was like ummm... I haven't even felt the baby yet and thats pretty much just fat. She stopped. Awkward!
  • Options
    nungongju said:

JLaudio said:

Omg. To be degraded down to be pet by people is bad enough. The moment someone undressed me even a little bit, someone would have died. Not okay!!
    I wasn't super annoyed my friend lifting my shirt just because I know she is just curious and a bit socially awkward, when everyone asked me to re-raise my shirt is when I was mortified. We are in Chilis, can I please just tell you what it says and NOT lift my shirt so you can SEE it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @fiveohfive‌ lol I need to work on my bitchy resting face!!
  • Options
    ugh, I hate that. If you weren't pregnant, would people reach out and touch your belly, no! I got really good at backing away quickly last pg. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like random touches to start with.  I'm just not a touchy feely person in general.  When I was pregnant with DS, I would turn my belly away or remove hands from me.  People would have different reactions.  If they were embarrassed, I was glad.  They should be!  If they were annoyed or hurt, I would just explain that I wasn't comfortable with people touching my belly.  Usually they would think I'm weird but I didn't care.

FYI, if you think it is bad with your belly, wait until the baby is on the outside!  I would carry DS in a sling or DH would carry him in the Ergo just so people didn't have direct access.  Everyone thinks it is ok to touch... and with a baby, my thought was "I have no idea if you just used hand sanitizer or pulled your hand out of your pants or nose.  No thanks, you don't need to touch my baby.
    Married September 2005 - TEAM PINK x2 this time around :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ yarnymommy Ooooooo I hadn't thought about STRANGERS touching my baby!!! :( Belly is a little weird, but I get it. They're excited. Not an excuse for people who don't even know me to touch my belly. That will earn a glare. But touching my little one after they're born and so susceptible?! I don't think so!!!
  • Options
    I had a woman open my stroller cover to see my oldest when she was brand new. She was coughing and sick and didn't ask. So glad my husband had taken her for a fast diaper change and wasn't in the carseat. People are crazy when it comes to new little ones. Yes, they are adorable. But ask first!
    Proud Mama of 3 and 1 on the way!

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

• Options
    I teach 5-12 year olds and they found out today... Immediately my tummy was being touched non-stop.. Umm sorry guys, just fat!
  • Options
    My mom gets down and talks right against my belly! Lol I hate it but let her because I know she is excited...she has at least obliged to talk to the side and not right on my belly button!! Haha
  • Options
    In my first pregnancy it was a weird step-uncle who was the first to touch my belly...at like 16 weeks when there was still no belly just bloat and boobs. I was soo creeped out. I just quickly backed away and shook my head. Awkward.....
  • Options
    My mom gets down and talks right against my belly! Lol I hate it but let her because I know she is excited...she has at least obliged to talk to the side and not right on my belly button!! Haha
    My Mama has done that with all the kids (until this one, we moved too far). Everyone off them knew her the moment they met her. Melted my heart each time. 
    Proud Mama of 3 and 1 on the way!

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

• Options
    I'm scared of when I start to show because many of my clients are already very affectionate (hugs, cheek kisses, pats, etc). I know my bump is going to be very touched.

Last pregnancy, I had one client who greeted me at each appointment by patting my stomach and each boob, and then nodding her approval. If she hadn't been through some seriously horrific stuff in her life (asylee who had been tortured by the Taliban), I would've cut her off after the first time, but I'm a sucker, and it made her happy.
    Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • Options
    I had someone I see once a year leap in to touch my stomach! So strange, as it really is only chubby belly rather than a baby belly at the moment!
  • Options
    I haven't had my belly rubbed on yet. But my fiend did say she wanted "fat" pictures of me.... 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"