December 2014 Moms

Nbr Shingles

So, I have shingles! And of all places on my face! Over my eyelid and through my scalp. Its so painful and also very annoying! I have had fever headache and nausea. My baby boy is doing great. I am however am extra whiney!

Re: Nbr Shingles

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yuck. No fun. Glad baby is doing good hope you feel better soon!

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks. I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ouch! so sorry!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no! That sounds awful! So sorry you are having to suffer through that while pregnant :( Hope you start to feel better soon!
  • That sounds miserable!! I hope you have a fast recovery!
  • Oh no! I just got over a case on my left arm, I can't imagine the pain it would be on my face. I hope you feel better soon! I just kept telling myself how thankful I was that it would not affect my LO.
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am so sorry to hear this- I can't imagine shingles on my face- so painful. Glad baby is well and hope the shingles clear up quickly for you!
  • Oh man! You are the only other person I've ever heard of except me who got shingles while pregnant. I didn't get them with this pregnancy but with my first baby last July I got them at 4-5 weeks pregnant. It was so strange! Must be the change in hormones or something that stirred them up. I know for me NOT itching them really helped the scabs heal quicker and not have scars afterward. Calamine lotion too! I hope yours heal quickly, I know how much of a pain they are!!
  • Oh man! You are the only other person I've ever heard of except me who got shingles while pregnant. I didn't get them with this pregnancy but with my first baby last July I got them at 4-5 weeks pregnant. It was so strange! Must be the change in hormones or something that stirred them up. I know for me NOT itching them really helped the scabs heal quicker and not have scars afterward. Calamine lotion too! I hope yours heal quickly, I know how much of a pain they are!!

My dr said possibly stress is the reason they showed up. I am not itching ,just lots of cold cloths and ice pack. Calamine burns for some reason,so I have been using aquaphor.
  • That sounds awful--I'd be whining a lot more if I were you! Any idea how long it takes to subside?
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Have you tried aloe? I had a friend who used that to help with the irritation and it also seemed to help heal the skin. She used a gel from a health food store (not the bright green sunburn stuff).
  • Oh no i'm so sorry that not fun! I got them RIGHT when I found out I was pregnant with my first and my Dr was horrible and freaked me out thinking it would severely harm the baby. NOOOO he is healthy and perfect. I didn't have any pain associated with mine so honestly I still don't know if I believe their diagnosis. I was the MOH in my best friends wedding and graduating from college so that would be where the stress would come in. Anyways hope I never have to deal with that again but Hang in there and try to rest as much as possible.
  • I'm sorry :( that sucks! Get better and rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"