Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Circle+Bloom & Gifts for Donors/GCs

Hi ladies :) I wonder if any of you have ever done Circle+Bloom? I used it for my IVF+IUI cycles, and just bought the egg donor package. There's one for the donor and one for the recipient. The recipient program is really great so far! 

So I wrote a letter to include with the CDs that I'm going to give to my donor... I got so emotional writing this letter! I started out by telling her what C+B is and what it has meant to me over the past year. Next thing I know, I'm telling her our whole IVF story. I cried while writing about IVF #2 (when our embryos arrested 3dpER and our transfer was canceled)... I am still traumatized by that awful day when I got the phone call from my doctor. Sigh. It just made me think about how much we've been through to get to where we are today. 

I plan to write another letter to our donor after the ER and maybe get her a small gift. I don't know what this would be... how exactly do you properly thank someone who has given you such a valuable gift? Any ideas? 
**SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
       Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!

Re: Circle+Bloom & Gifts for Donors/GCs

• Options
    I loved Circle and Bloom. I listened to it during acupuncture.

I think it is a lovely gift.

One note of caution, I have been particularly cautious not to "infect" our GC with all the trauma (and yes, I definitely seen it as trauma) that we have had to endure. There has been more that one time I have written her an email and decided not to send it because
    a) She can't ever understand, no one who hasn't been through this could understand
    b) She had never had anything other than positive experiences with pregnancy and childbirth and I didn't want this toxicity entering her world.

That being said, our situation is very much different in that our GC is carrying our child.

Words seem woefully inadequate to express our gratitude. In our experience, being a witness to mh pain was enough for our GC to volunteer for this amazing thing.

In all honesty, I hope I can someday write a piece of music to express all of this.
    Hugs
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your opinion @lincoln79 :) I certainly wouldn't want to dump my sad story on our donor's shoulders. I think I did a pretty good job of walking the line between TMI vs. personal touch. I'm going to go back and read it again with your words in mind though just to make sure!! 

And a piece of music?? I'm a musician, so I'm totally intrigued! You should go for it!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"