Potty Training
Options

trick or treating and potty training

trick or treating and potty training...tips from those who have been through it. We have been potty training since July, had only one accident free day and I'm crossing my fingers for Halloween. Yes I know to have her go before leaving the house and pray she doesn't say she needs to go potty while we are out. I am not comfortable asking my neighbors so it may be a quick dash home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: trick or treating and potty training

• Options
    I've not been through it, but thought of an idea I'm comfortable with since we're in the same boat. 

We live in a fairly spread out neighborhood, but will be walking the whole route.  We had panned on bringing the stroller for DD if/when she gets tired.  Now, we're planning on bringing a wagon for DD and will cart around her potty chair.  Since we'll have a blanket anyway, she'll have some privacy.  I will say though, we're not at the same stage you are, so DD will be in a pullup.

I hope my idea works for us, but I can't recommend it since I don't have experience either.  I'll be following this thread.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    You've been potty training since July and only had one accident free day?  In 3 months?  Then I don't think your LO is ready to be potty training. 

Honestly, at this age my kids aren't out trick or treating that long (maybe 30 mins?) so she should be able to stay dry that long at this point.  If you cannot leave the house that long without her having an accident then she is not ready.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

She's now up to three accident free days. It is a walking residential neighborhood so no car or alleys or places for privacy other than going home. She'll have the pull-up on for protection. She's held it for several hours so far so I'm crossing my fingers. She loved it last year and we were out for close to an hour at two. She's 3 this year and waiting for trick or treating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"