March 2014 Moms
Options

Poop question

ok so maybe this should go in dumb flame free... I have two questions
1. When you give tylenol can that tint their poop?? I noticed yesterday that her poop had a slight pink tint which freaked me out thinking it could be blood but my husband thinks it is just from the tylenol the day before.
2. We started to feed twice a day about two weeks ago. Prior to this her poo had been creamy. Recently her poo has turned into nuggets. Should it still be creamy or is this normal turning into chunks?

Re: Poop question

• Options
    I'm kinda worried about the pink thing cause she hasn't had any pink food!!
  • Options
    1. Tylenol (especially if its not a clear liquid) can colour poop. *usually when given multiple times, but even on e is enough to alter the 'normal'

2. Solids should thicken baby poop, but not make it hard. If its hard, they need more liquids or fruit. 'Nuggets', if soft are probably fine. **mine went from liquid BF baby poop to thick, mush, but not nuggets. (DS1, at nearly 2 only rarely has 'nuggets')

3. If the nuggets are hard, the pink tinge could be from that. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

4. Even foods that don't go in pink (or red) could come out that colour.

If its just once or twice I wouldn't worry. If it continues then I'd check with a doctor.
    Good luck. :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have never noticed a change in colour when I give him Tylenol.

When we started solids it changed his poo as well. They are like nuggets now. Our pedi recommended giving him water with his meals (a couple ounces) to help with constipation. At first they were hard nuggets, now with this change they are softer. 
    Exactly this on all counts. Pink poop has never happened with either of my kids. And we had nuggets while his body was figuring out solids and added a couple ounces of water throughout the day. That softened the poop back up.
  • Options
    We give her Gerber Apple/prune juice after daycare during the week, 2oz. We feed her prunes on Saturday only and give her probiotics in her evening bottle every night. This was all per the pediatrician who was concerned (as was I) about her poop being too hard. We also offer water, but the juice seems to be working best. Her doctor said if they didn't soften with diet we may need to do some medicine, so trying to really make sure she stays soft and regular.
  • Options
    I have been trying water and it appears the pink tinged poop has stopped but it really freaked me out so I hope maybe it was something she ate or the tylenol who knows. I think I going to try the prune juice. Her poo is solid now (not terribly hard though) but she seems to be rather uncomfortable passing it. Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Haha!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"