December 2014 Moms
Options

Motherhood Question

okay so I went to motherhood for the 1st time today and I bought something and the lady said ok for 2.99 u can get a ur of supplies and coupons for free. So I get home and I go through my cool little bag they gave me and there's 4 gift cards 1 with 40 dollars 1 with 50 dollars and 1 with another 40 and another with 35. Has anyone ever seen this or knows anything about it! My hubby says there's no way they give u that much for 2.99 with no strings attached? What do u all think?!?

Re: Motherhood Question

• Options
    I have gotten those same coupons but I got it free with my purchase. I looked up the breast feeding pillow and it seemed legit but I didn't buy anything.

• Options
    I suppose to get the magazines as well in the mail. So maybe that's what I payed 2.99 for. But I don't get the gift cards lol. Just wondering if there legit. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The web sites seem legit, but I agree, they seem to go to be true.

• Options
    I'm guessing this is for the breastfeeding pillow/baby leggings/nursing covers/etc. It's... sorta legit? I tried it out. They didn't steal from me or anything but it took forever to get and the card will not cover the crazy high shipping price. Worth a shot if you find anything you like enough. The quality is pretty low too but what can you expect?
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have gotten those coupons a couple times.  They are tempting, but you still have to pay shipping and I didn't want to start receiving even more emails and junk in my mailbox than I already do.
  • Options
    Ok! Thank you all so much for your help :)
  • Options
    I used the coupon for the nursing pillow.  It was $15 to ship I think and when I got it I wasn't happy with the quality.  It will be great for propping the baby up for photo shoots though!
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got coupons like that from similac for a free boppy, free car seat cover and free nursing shawl and I was like, wow that's generous, so I went to redeem and it is free but you have to pay 49$ for shipping lol. So I'm sure there is a catch.
  • Options
    I used the coupons as well for the free utter cover car seat cover and boppy shipping was a little high but still cheaper than buying the items out right. If you got them from a legit place like motherhood I doubt they would give you bogus stuff.
  • Options
    I got the same coupons but have heard that everything is pretty low quality from those sites, so I honestly just didnt bother trying to use them since I can be a bit picky. I did look at the websites and found that I didnt particularly like their products - or I didnt see anything that excited me.
  • Options
    My friend gave my the sling that she got from paying the shipping with the same coupons you are talking about.  The sling is fine....but worth about the $15 that the shipping cost.  Nothing's free! ;)

BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The carseat canopy is actually really high quality, I've never tried any of the others though.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Those are the same ones you can get for "free" by just paying $12-$15 for shipping. They send offers often. I got excited and got all of them. The birthing pillow is probably the lowest quality of them all. I like the car seat cover a lot.
  • Options
    It's pretty gimmicky- I got the coupons free with purchase, but a lot of the "gift card" crap is attached to stuff that costs an excessive amount for shipping, which I suspect is the actual product value.

They had a 4 oz avent bottle though, some sampler of baby food, and coupons to Carter's and osh kosh.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I got the bag of coupons/gift cards for free as well. I only used the 1 for the car seat cover, took about 3 weeks n I think it was $10 shipping. It was actually one of the 1st baby items I bought back in April/May, good quality I got the gray/white chevron print, it was before we knew we were having a boy.
  • Options
    I might get the canopy one and try it out :) Thanks mamas!!
  • Options
    I got the car seat canopy and utter cover with the gift cards and I like both. They are nice! Just paid I think $10-14ish in shipping for each one. My friend got herself the nursing pillow through the gift card and I thought it looked like very low quality so I didn't buy it. Lastly, the sling I've contemplated buying but I'm afraid of getting it and it not working well since I'm plus size.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options
    The slings are awful, and often used wrong making them unsafe.
    The pillows are shit, don't waste your money.
    The car seat canopies are just OKAY, but I find them really small and it barely fits the Chicco Keyfit 30. Theyre cute, but you can make one larger for cheaper if you sew.
    The baby legs are good, but you can get them cheaper than the shipping.
  • Options
    I got all of the products but the sling(cause it looked unsafe and my sister makes them better) Iactually paid more and got the full canopy set for the crib, looked cute and figured minky in the winner would be warm. I also got a bunch of the cloth breast pads, which I haven't used yet but my sister said looked like good quality. I got the udder cover, which I also "upgraded" and added another set of pads and a nursing bracelet. Honestly, I got the codes for them on pinterest but I did also get them at motherhood. So all in all the products do seem worth more than the shipping costs, therefore to me worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"