TTC after 35
Options

RE appt

So I had my regroup yesterday. We are going to give it a couple months to see if AF will return on its own before trying to restart it with meds. And then they want me to wait two cycles before "cycling" with them.
My AFC yesterday was 13 (three years ago when I did this before afc was between 13-20). We did amh yesterday so I'm hopeful that will come back next week (three years ago was 1.5 - RE seemed worried about this being significantly lower).

In the meantime I need to have a hysterogram (they found a fibroid and also a "break" in the uterine lining), recheck an old cyst that was still present on ovary during yesterday's u/s, get a mammogram (yuck) and get all outstanding blood work completed.

I don't know much about fibroids so hoping that's not a big deal. Otherwise I felt pretty good about the appt. I like having a plan, even if it is just to get my ducks in a row.

Oh also they saw what looked like a collapsed folly so they think I ovulated. That would be fannnntastic! But I remember the nurse seeing a collapsed folly and saying the same thing earlier this year when I went in for a check for something else. Seems weird so I'm requesting the med report from that visit.

She really pushed IVF given my age and the low success rates of IUI. I just can't wrap my head around taking that big of a step at this point.

Re: RE appt

• Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    edited October 2014
    Sorry your appointment wasn't as great as you wanted it to go, but its great that you have a plan.   Hopefully your other tests come back good and FX the collapse means you ovulated.  Other than your age, was there any other reason for pushing IVF so hard? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    A plan is always good. It is very overwhelming and lots to learn though
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ((Hugs))) hope your next few doctor appointments/procedures go well, good luck
  • Options
    @Icwed - her main reason seemed age. We had a long discussion about chromosomal abnormalities. Other than that, I already had two clomid cycles + IUI back in '10.

• Options
    Gotcha!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    13 is a really good AFC!

I just felt pretty demoralized going back to the RE a few weeks ago. I am 40. I did not get my AFC due to lack of time and I surprised them showing up to a first consult on CD2. My blood work was OK, not great. I had an AMH about 1.5 3 years ago, too. Now it is 0.5. FSH wasn't too bad (9.6 on CD2 and 4.2 on CD10 after 5 days of clomid-- I did a clomid challenge test (for insurance) and passed... thankfully. Need it for a FET insurance coverage even with embryos from my 37 year old self.

I already did IVF out of pocket 3 years ago, and am looking for a FET in the next year (I would do a fresh cycle now if I did not have frozen embryos). IVF is likely the only thing that works for me anyhow. I never even tried IUI.

Anyhow, I just had a mammogram, ordered by my RE today, and it wasn't that bad. Don't sweat it. I am just checking off all the goofy old lady stuff and moving on.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    @amandaleigh1‌ - I like your attitude! Lol to checking off goofy old lady stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"