June 2014 Moms
Options

Baby won't nap unless I'm holding her!

Hi Ladies, it's been a while since I've posted. So, a little bit about me. I'm a SAHM to two girls ages 2 1/2 and 4 months. I enjoy crocheting and am obsessed with Once Upon a Time, Project Runway, and The Bachelor.The past two days my baby girl won't nap anywhere except on my chest. This would be fine if I didn't have another kid to chase and a house to clean. What do I do? When I put her down she screams no matter how deeply she was just asleep. I can't get ANYTHING done.

Re: Baby won't nap unless I'm holding her!

• Options
    Have you tried putting her down before she's asleep? They are getting older and more aware of things like being put down. I've been having a screaming baby too(and I have a daycare, so definitely can't hold her to sleep) and I found that I was keeping her awake too long. She's been staying awake 2 hours and then going down for a nap, but this week for whatever reason I need to swaddle her and put her down around an hour and a half or she freaks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Both good suggestions! I usually use the carrier only when I'm out and about, I'll have to give that a try. Another part of the problem is that DD1 barges in while she's napping and usually ends up waking her up. I've tried laying her down in different spots but we have a fairly small apartment so it's hard to keep her from waking up the baby. Especially because anytime I do she yells, "WHERE'S ELLA???" and feels she has to go look for her. :( I"m just feeling extra frazzled today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since this is a change from the norm, it sounds like LO is going through a growth spurt, a wonder week , or teething and is looking for more physical comfort to soothe. If that's the case, it is at least likely temporary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"