TTC after 35

First RE test results (whining)

Welp, I'm going back for another appt in a few weeks, but doc didn't seem to be too concerned with me. (?)

LH 7
FSH 9
Estradiol 63,2
Progesterone 0,3
Testosterone 29
Prolactin 11,5

DH is being referred to a urologist? 12 mil sperm and low motility. (35%) Normal morphology....5

Suggested weight loss, retest in 3 months. IUI possible/IVF not covered... Not impossible natural, but might be looking at MFI diagnosis.

Bleh. ...And also, I felt rushed and judged. I need to sink my face into a cheeseburger to make this afternoon go away.
TTC#1, I'm 37, DH 36 | Just started trying Sept 2014
Going in for first RE appt. in October...Preparing for good or bad news. 
Trying to be chill about the process...and not get too intense about it all. 
It's hard to be chill. 

Re: First RE test results (whining)

• That's great news that your doctor isn't too concerned about you. 

I am a total newbie at fertility testing. DH hasn't been tested. What do they suggest or prescribe for MFI? 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• @verdongirl Sorry to hear you had a disappointing visit. I am clueless about the significance of the numbers you posted, but I'm glad to hear at least that the RE didn't have concerns with you. It sucks that you felt unfairly judged though. No matter what the circumstance, that's always an awful way to be made to feel.

But of course all hope is not lost! Try to think of this as another step down the path toward answers and the most effective way to get that BFP (says the perpetual naysayer -- do as I say, not as I do) :)

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys!
    It perplexes me,too.They recommended DH lose some weight for health, switch to boxers and they said counts might improve... He is going to take this supplement they recommended,too, with vitamin E and stuff to increase his counts. Until then, we chart and hope and wait. ;)

Maybe IUI discussions happen after Christmas? No clue.
    It's hard to be chill. 

• I'm not any kind of Sperm Expert (although I like how it looks in print--maybe I should add it to my e-mail signature at work and see how long it takes before anyone notices), but I don't think your DH's numbers look that bad.  I had just looked this stuff up after my IUI, and it looks like your DH is at or near what the World Health Organization considers normal.  And maybe the weight loss/boxers will help, too!  Glad you got a clean bill of health--good luck, and enjoy that cheeseburger!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Really? Weird... I need to read up... We'll both get our SE licensure... Lol.
    It's hard to be chill. 

• I'm not an expert, but maybe avoiding alcohol can also help YH (if he drinks, of course)?

This might be stating the obvious, but I would advise against hot tubs, hot baths, or saunas, too.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• My exH had sperm issues. There's a lot you can do nutritionally to increase men's fertility. Since they're constantly making new sperm they can enhance pretty easily. If I remember it was adding in Vit E, selenium, not drinking, etc etc.
    Definitely google and see if you can help increase his numbers while you're working on the other stuff.

• I'm not sure about numbers, but I hope the suggestions they gave you and your DH help and you want need the 3 month retest.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"