Indiana Babies
Options

does anyone here live in Carmel or close by?

nyc_tally2005nyc_tally2005 member
edited October 2014 in Indiana Babies
hi ladies - i was on the bump when my kids were babies/toddlers but haven't been in a long time. but i do remember that the local board was a great resource for me at the time for the city i was living in at the time. my kids are now 7 (boy) and 5 (girl) so maybe we're too "old" for the bump, but we are relocating to Carmel so i thought I'd turn here like i did in the past. we are relocating from out of state for work and we don't know a soul! i need lots of recs for stuff and would appreciate any info. i know there are a lot of questions here, sorry if i'm asking too much! 

some of the things i need are:

pediatrician
pediatric dentist
general practice doc and obgyn for me
adult dentist
hair salon for me (needs a great colorist especially)
a neurologist for me (i'm under care of one here for migraine)
private piano teacher or place to take piano lessons for my son
somewhere for both kids to take tennis lessons
a dance studio for my daughter
gymnastics for my daughter
best place for soccer, basketball, etc. (i found Carmel Dads club online?)

Re: does anyone here live in Carmel or close by?

• Options
    plus12012plus12012 member
    edited October 2014
    New Horizon Pediatrics (Dr. Leedy) is a great pediatrician.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am in Brownsburg, FTM.... also new to area, so I dont have much advice....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck with the move! Where in Carmel?

There is a very active Carmel Moms Facebook group with almost 400 members. It's https://www.facebook.com/groups/104882349673160/

My daughter is almost 3, so I can't be as much help. We go to Carmel Pediatrics and I absolutely love them. My GP is Dr. Gerald Mick. He's probably my favorite doctor ever. My OB is with OB/GYN of Indiana. It's a pretty big practice with multiple offices. I've liked all but one of the doctors there. 

I'm still looking for a new salon. My previous two moved :( 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The Monon Center is great. We do swim lessons there- but they have kids and adult leagues... Dance lessons, etc. We go to Indianapolis Pediatric dentistry- they're awesome with my 4 year old son. Both have nice websites to check out. Our pediatrician is Kristine Powell- she's good too- part of St Vincent's. We moved to this area three years ago- so I started from scratch as well. There are tons of good programs in the area.
  • Options
    My son sees Dr. Mazurek at Meridian Pediatrics. We LOVE her - not sure if she is accepting new patients or not but so far we've liked everyone there.

My OB/GYN is Dr. Sallie Hahn at IU North. I switched to her after my son was born and have been really impressed so far. Super nice.

I love my GP doc (Dr. Kons), but he's in downtown Indy so probably a little far for you.

Good luck on the salon - I've been in this area for 11 years and am still searching for one I love.

My LO is not old enough for all of the sports, lessons, etc. so not much help there. Welcome to the area and good luck on your move!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"