April 2014 Moms

GTKY - some Friday fun

I'm so bored right now so I've come up with a fun questionnaire.
Answer whether you want your A14 baby to have yours or their dad's:

Personality -
Sense of humor -
Sense of direction -
Looks -
Book smarts -
Street smarts -
Trivia knowledge -
Like for adventure -
Like to travel -
Curiosity -
Passion for life -

Feel free to leave a reason why for each if you care to elaborate

Re: GTKY - some Friday fun

• Personality - mine ;;)
    Sense of humor - mine!
    Sense of direction - his. I still drive by my street (3 years later).
    Looks - his. He's good looking
    Book smarts - mine
    Street smarts - his
    Trivia knowledge - his! Jeopardy, here we come
    Like for adventure - his. I'm a baby
    Like to travel - both of ours. We share a love to travel
    Curiosity - mine
    Passion for life - that's hard. Maybe mine... But I think I just show my emotions more.
  • I'll preface this by saying I'd like her to have something of her own that is neither a trait of me or my husband, but for the purposes of this questionnaire, I'll answer it in the way that you asked. :)

Personality - Both. My husband is very laid back, and I'm more high strung. I want her to have his trait, not mine. I'm much more independent than he is, so I hope she learns that from me.

Sense of humor - My husband's 100%. I appreciate humor, and I'm accidentally funny, but I'm usually never successfully intentionally funny.

Sense of direction - My husband for sure!! Terrible sense of direction runs on my dad's side, so I'm afraid she may be cursed with it too. :-S

Looks - Mostly my husband. I want her to have my curly hair, but I feel that I'm a plain Jane, and I come from a family of very average-looking people. I think my husband's family has the more attractive genes.

Book smarts - Both. I was naturally a great student, and my husband has a love of learning that I don't.

Street smarts - Me. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm more independent. I know how to function a little better in the "real world" than my husband.

Trivia knowledge - My husband. He loves trivia and is full of fun (sometimes useless) information!

Like for adventure - Probably me. Neither of us are super adventurous, but he's more of a homebody than I am. He grew up and lived in the same town until he was 23, and he wanted (and did) to get a job close to home. I would've been fine living farther away.

He follows the rules to a T and refuses to do anything daring or risky! I can be a little mischievous at times and like being risky and pushing the limits from time to time.

Like to travel - I feel like I kind of already answered this. Oops! We both love traveling though, as long as it's not something super long term.

Curiosity - I don't have much to add to this... I asked a lot (an annoying amount) of questions when I was younger, and I still am curious about a lot of things. I'm the kind of person to ask someone a question that everyone is thinking but doesn't want to ask.

Passion for life - I guess me? My husband is not a very excitable person. He doesn't show a huge variety of emotions, and I'm one of the most emotional people you'll ever meet.

February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Personality - mine
    Sense of humor - mine
    Sense of direction -Dads
    Looks - mine (she is my mini me)
    Book smarts - mine
    Street smarts - dads
    Trivia knowledge - mine
    Like for adventure - mine
    Like to travel - mine
    Curiosity - dads
    Passion for life - dads
  • AprilMay9 said:

Personality - me
    Sense of humor - both
    Sense of direction - husbands
    Looks - mine with his metabolism. He's attractive but very masculine looking.
    Book smarts - mine.
    Street smarts - mine
    Trivia knowledge - both
    Like for adventure - husbands
    Like to travel - we both do equally
    Curiosity - mine
    Passion for life - mine

You forgot a good one

Athleticism: husbands

Thats a good one. I also thought of a good one after posting:
    Ability to cook
  • Personality - I think a combination. I'm very Type-A and DH is very laid back, so in the middle of those would be ideal for his sake.
    Sense of humor - DH and I have very similar senses of humor, so there isn't really a choice between one or the other!
    Sense of direction - Mine. DH is oblivious to directions and gets lost very easily if he hasn't traveled the route an excessive amount of time. If I drive a route once, I can probably find my way back with minimal difficulty.
    Looks - mostly mine. He has my husband's chin and hairline for sure, but the rest is all me right now, and I'm ok with that :-) I think once he gets a little older I won't care, but I think I was a cuter baby than my DH ;-)
    Book smarts - Mine. We're both smart, but I feel like I made more of an effort to apply that in school and after.
    Street smarts - DH for sure. I was much more sheltered growing up.
    Trivia knowledge - A good mix - Jeopardy is on every night in our house!
    Like for adventure - Both, although I'm more willing to just go for things spur of the moment.
    Like to travel - We both have travel aspirations so a mix!
    Curiosity - Both, although I hope he doesn't take things apart like his dad did as a child, or at least if he does he knows how to put them back together!
    Passion for life - Mine. I'm much more gung ho.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FAnswer whether you want your A14 baby to have yours or their dad's:

Personality - DH is more extroverted and I'm more introverted. I know the world is an easier place for extroverted guys, so I'll say DH.
    Sense of humor - DH loves corny jokes and puns.
    Sense of direction - Contrary to the cliche, DH has a great sense of direction and isn't afraid to ask for help if he needs to.
    Looks - LO already has freckles and reddish hair, so I think he already takes after me. I hope he has DH's height (slightly above average) but my metabolism.
    Book smarts - my husband doesn't share my passion for grammar, books, and language in general, so I hope LO does.
    Street smarts - a mix. DH was exposed to more growing up, but I can stand up for myself more easily and if I hadn't been there DH would have been ripped off a few times.
    Trivia knowledge - I never forget a trivia tidbit.
    Like for adventure - mine!
    Like to travel - Mine! DH finds travel stressful and I find it stressful travelling with him.
    Curiosity - We're both pretty curious. As a child DH read the encyclopedia for fun to learn more about what interests him.
    Passion for life - mine

I hopw he has Dh's work ethic too. I've never met anyone who works as tirelessly as he does.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Personality - me
    Sense of humor - DH
    Sense of direction - DH
    Looks - DH
    Book smarts - DH
    Street smarts - me
    Trivia knowledge - DH
    Like for adventure - me/DH we are really similar here
    Like to travel - me/DH really similar
    Curiosity - me