Breastfeeding

breast pump and insurance

Do I just call my insurance company and request one?

Re: breast pump and insurance

• I called my insurance and they said they would cover a single electric only. I then filled out a form on edgepark.com (online pharmacy) and they called my insurance and my doctor for a prescription and I got a double electric in the mail within 3 days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My insurance listed the contracted medical equipment providers and I just went directly to the providers site to place my order and they took care of the insurance verification and shipped my pump, it was really easy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like they said you need to check with your ins co to see what they cover and who to go through to get it. I was lucky and the lactation consultants at our hospital handled everything for me and I had my pump the day I delivered.

• My insurance listed the contracted medical equipment providers and I just went directly to the providers site to place my order and they took care of the insurance verification and shipped my pump, it was really easy.

This exactly for me. I called customer service and they gave me the list of suppliers I could use.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"