September 2012 Moms

Should I continue going?

I've gone to a therapist twice now to talk about my stress and anxiety.  I am not sure it's worth going again.  I am glad she talks too, instead of just making me ramble on for an hour, but she talks A LOT.  She cuts me off sometimes and I even forget my train of thought..which is odd since technically I'm paying her to listen, ha.  But I'm not sure I'd be better off with another doctor. I just don't think this is for me.
Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Should I continue going?

• Loading the player...
  • I would compromise with myself - go another 2 times and hope it is obvious whether you should switch therapists or stop going altogether. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I would probably switch. I definitely need a certain type of therapist. I like one that is almost brutally honest. I don't like to feel coddled or placated. That way when they tell me I have a right to feel a certain way, I believe it. You aren't going to vibe with every therapist or their style, but I wouldn't give up on therapy.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Switching will be tough because it's the only therapist with my insurance that is super close to home which makes it really convenient..but it's a tiny office with only a couple rooms so I'm not sure if I switch to another dr, if I'll run into this one and it's just awkward. Hmm..
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • crene84 said:
    Switching will be tough because it's the only therapist with my insurance that is super close to home which makes it really convenient..but it's a tiny office with only a couple rooms so I'm not sure if I switch to another dr, if I'll run into this one and it's just awkward. Hmm..
    I don't think it has to be awkward. I think if your styles don't mesh, this therapist can accept that professionally.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited October 2014
    I can tell you, as a counselor, that I would much rather a client find someone they are comfortable with that can help them than continue with me or drop out altogether. It would not bother me at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"