April 2014 Moms
Options

baby clothes & sizes

I ranted last week about how inconsistent the sizing is on baby clothes. But what size is your LO in mostly nowadays?

My DS was unfortunate enough to inherit a long torso and short legs from me and DH. He didn't have a chance. Anyway, he is not quite 6 months yet and already outgrowing the majority of his 6-9 month clothes. They are all too short and won't snap! He is pretty much in 9-12 now.

BFP 8/9/2013
EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

Re: baby clothes & sizes

• Options
    LO is 5.5 months- shirts and shorts/pants 6-9 months but he's very long so anything onesie or footed is 12 months now.
  • Options
    DD is 6 months and mostly still wearing 3-6 month or 6 month she is just starting to wear some 6-9 month. She is a peanut and was born a month early at 5 pounds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mostly 6-9 but some 12 month tops because she has such a long torso.
  • Options
    And I wanted to add that I was naive and bought DS a Christmas outfit last December that was on clearance. It is a 6-9 month outfit and I planned on him wearing it to meet Santa. Ha. Right. I highly doubt it would even fit him today let alone Christmas season.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    Mostly 3-6 or 6, a couple 6-9.
    Circo - 3-6, fits a little smaller then the months suggest.
    Cherekee - 6-9, fits much smaller.
    Gerber onsies are 6-9 but pants are 0-3, WTF? I think she'll need the 12 m onsies soon.
    Carter - 6, seems to be the closes to on track with her age.
    Gap stuff she is just starting to fit 6, so it runs a little big IMO.
  • Options
    Carters fits her accurately (6mo) except got footy pajamas which she is in 9mo because she has hella long legs. Gerber is super small in my experience. Pants are just weird on her because she has such a small booty and long legs that nothing fits perfectly. She either wears baggy pants or fitted capris :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're mostly in 3-6- mostly Carters, Old Navy, Joe Fresh, and Childrens Place. I tried some 6-9 pants yesterday and they were super long.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    9 or 12 months in Carter's. Onesies she will probably still be able to wear 9 mos for a while but anything one-piece or pants she is either already in 12 mos or will be soon. Old Navy and Gymboree she is in 6-12 mos.

Halo sleep sacks she is in a Medium because the smalls were too short.

I don't think I have any other brands for her.

• Options
    AprilMay9 said:

3-6 months. She has a few 6 month outfits she wears but they are a bit big.

Am I doing sizes wrong? I though 3-6 and 6 month were the same thing?

Anyway, she is about 16 lbs and 26 inches. She still fits in many of her 6 month (or 3-6 month...?) clothes. 9 month fits great, but is such an awkward size for shopping that I have her in a bunch of 12 month size now, too. Other than a few pants that are way too long, it surprisingly fits great.
  • Options
    6-9 in pants And 3-6 or 6 month tops which are still a bit big. She's 5.5 months; 13 lb 7 oz and 28"!
  • Options
    DS is in 3-6 pants, 6-9 for onesies and pj's.  Sweaters it really depends on the brand he wears some that are 3-6 and some that are 6-12.  Pretty wide range.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stretching the bounds of 12 months. He's been in some 18 month stuff for quite a while, a month or two.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO just turned 6 months and has been in 6 month clothing for a month now; some onesies are getting a little tight. Some of his jammies are 6-9m and pants 12m.
  • Options
    This makes me feel better! My son is 5.5 months but is in a variety of sizes because he is 17lbs but 28+ inches and solid with long arms and legs. So, 3 and 3-6 months shirts, shorts/jeans 3-6 and 6 and then 9 month pjs. Oy!
  • Options
    Chase is 19lbs 10oz 27 in. He wears 9 months clothes moving into 12 month shortly. he wears 6-12 old navy. 12 month oshgosh.
  • Options
    Mostly 6mo but am thinking about moving him to 9mo. I put on a 9mo onsie today and the fit is much better. Stinks because I just pulled out all the 6mo stuff about a month ago. So much stuff he barely wore. Boo.
  • Options
    She's got a shorter torso and long legs, so her CDs help balance her out. At 6 mos, she's in 9 mos mostly, with a couple 12 mos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh gosh. She's in such a variety of sizes.. Today she's wearing a 6-9 Children's Place cardigan and a 9-12 top from the same place and a pair of 12 month Jumping Beans pants. Most of her clothes are 9 or 12 month Carters and 12-18 month Children's Place. I don't even bother with the months they label as. I can look at it and know if it'll fit or not. 

• Options
    Liam is 6 months (26 inches and 14.2 lbs) and 3-6 is fitting perfectly for the moment.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    12 months here (22lbs 10.oz, 29 inches long)
  • Options
    12 as of last week for outfits and sleepers and 9 mo for onsies
  • Options
    Both my girls are in mostly 6-9 months. They are the same length, but one is heavier than other other. Lighter baby still fits most 6 months and the heavier one actually wore a pair of 12-18mo jeans yesterday!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    6 mo stuff is fitting pretty well right now, with the exception of 9 mo footed jammies since she is tall. I'm so used to hearing, "what a peanut!" It's nice to hear she's in the same ballpark as many of you!
  • Options
    12 months in most all clothes.

• Options

Mostly 6-9 but some 12 month tops because she has such a long torso.

Same here!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    katiedidthatkatiedidthat member
    edited October 2014
    3 month and a few 3-6 pieces.  We just moved into the 3 month stuff about a month ago so I expect we'll be in it for a little while longer. 
    He's around 26" and weighs 17 lbs.

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• Options
    12 months generally, can still fit some 9 month carter's stuff, and can actually fit 18 month stuff almost...were in transition mode.  He's 23lbs and 30"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"