Cloth Diapering
Options

Cloth Fails and Cocktails

We haven't done this in a while.

Apparently printed fitteds don't need covers if you use then in the middle of the night. Or at least that's what I apparently thought this morning.

I also nearly got shot in the head bc I hung the wet bag where I would lean over the loaded cannon to put diapers in it.

My cocktail this morning is hot tea with extra sugar. :p

Re: Cloth Fails and Cocktails

• Options
    It took me several minutes to realize you didn't mean an actual loaded cannon.  (Or did you?  Maybe you keep a loaded cannon under your sex swing.  Sometimes I think I don't even know you.)

MH fastened a tots bots a little too loose the other day.  P had a massive poo-splosion, and it got all over my pants.  I cleaned her up, then went and handed her to MH, and told him "somebody shit my pants.  It wasn't me."

My current cocktail is coffee.  But one weekend MH put a half a shot of french vanilla kahlua in my coconut latte, and it was sooooo good.  Oh, and my mom and SIL have been drinking white russians with butterscotch schnapps instead of kahlua.  They say it's to die for, but I wouldn't know.

How about a dairy free irish cream recipe ladies?
    https://www.allergyfreealaska.com/2012/12/30/dairy-free-irish-cream-liqueur-refined-sugar-free/

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Took our (not so) little guy to the grocery store this morning to get bananas for second breakfast.
    Thought I'd finally figured out the fit on our only fuzzibuns elite one size diaper, since he'd worn it twice with no leaks.  Got him out of the car seat and he'd leaked out the one side.
    I really hate that diaper.

No cocktails this morning, just a Swiss Miss k-cup with some extra milk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Took our (not so) little guy to the grocery store this morning to get bananas for second breakfast.
    Thought I'd finally figured out the fit on our only fuzzibuns elite one size diaper, since he'd worn it twice with no leaks.  Got him out of the car seat and he'd leaked out the one side.

If it has the minky inserts, ditch those suckers and stuff it with something else.  Once I switched to Bamboo Fleece I've loved them.
  • Options
    I bought a couple well loved workhorses to see if I liked the concept before I sunk a buncha $$ into good condition/new ones.....I didn't realize the leg elastics were gone until 1030 last night when ds was complaining and I went to check on him and smelled poop. He had little ball poop and pieces of it had rolled out of the diaper.....and through the legs of his wool longies......these workhorses will work only with waterproof covers with good elastics (and that way they did work great). No cocktails from me.....just coffee.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing. :p It's just that every time this kid toots, he sharts a little bit. Sometimes I will be in the middle of changing him, reach over for a wipe, and look back at him to find a trail of mustard spatters in his pajamas that wasn't there 2 seconds ago. I'm so glad we have a ton of prefolds!!

• Options
    MH is scared of our flats.  It doesn't matter if I pre padfold the for him, fold them like a prefold, whatever he won't use them.  But he will use AC bamboo inserts.  I don't get it.  

So the other day I left G at home while I ran D to the store to get something.  I came home to G wearing a Thirsties Duo with a BB large stay dry insert laid in it.  Thankfully he had it laying in there with the fleece side up instead of MF.  When I asked why he chose that, he replied that all the ACs were dirty and he wasn't gonna use "those dishtowel looking things".  Um ok.  

No cocktails around my house lately.  (We're not big drinkers.)  I do enjoy me some hot chocolate with Kalua when it's cold though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    sarenu1 said:

If it has the minky inserts, ditch those suckers and stuff it with something else.  Once I switched to Bamboo Fleece I've loved them.
    I stuff all the pockets* with flats.  I don't think I've ever used whatever inserts it came with.

*I have two diapers that have microfiber & hemp combo.
  • Options
    I think I put one diaper too many in our tiny washer this week, because the whales TB that I bought to replace the one that DH lost apparently got stuck in a gasket during a spin. Tore off a good bit of one corner of the cover. Diaper probably will still work fine, but I'm considering buying a third one, since this is a print that DS really loves. Cocktail: TBD.
  • Options
    On Monday, DD was working pretty hard to get a poo out. When she stopped I figured she was finished and took the diaper off. She immediately rolls over and tries to stand up any chance she gets now. So while I'm trying to get the prefold pad folded in the next diaper, I look up to see DD standing up with more poop at her feet on our brand new carpet. Fail.

If I could have a cocktail this morning it would be my favorite summertime drink: tonic with grapefruit vodka and a sugared rim. Mmmm...I somehow missed summer and didn't get this once!

• Options
    So that 5 day poop DS has been working on? He let it go today...in the jumparoo...while I was apparently outside for 2 min stalking the mailman for fluff mail. So I didn't know until he started fussing about 10 min after that. 

There was poop running down his leg inside his pants. But he was wearing a one-piece jumpsuit that comes off over his head. Eww. 

Wine anyone?
  • Options
    Sgriff1 said:
    On Monday, DD was working pretty hard to get a poo out. When she stopped I figured she was finished and took the diaper off. She immediately rolls over and tries to stand up any chance she gets now. So while I'm trying to get the prefold pad folded in the next diaper, I look up to see DD standing up with more poop at her feet on our brand new carpet. Fail. If I could have a cocktail this morning it would be my favorite summertime drink: tonic with grapefruit vodka and a sugared rim. Mmmm...I somehow missed summer and didn't get this once!

This is why I gave myself a 5-minute rule.....when I know they're pooping, I wait about 5 minutes after I think they're done to start the diaper change.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    M has recently started pooping every few days and when he does it's like a volcanic eruption. Yesterday we asked the nanny if M had pooped this week (his last one was Sunday during our hike) when she said no I stopped J from putting a best bottoms on him and told her to use a prefold instead. I guess I had mothers intuition about impending poopsplosions. Unfortunately he didn't poop before the  nanny put him in a best bottoms. Well, I got a text at 11 from the nanny that the explosion had occurred. Poor nanny has a hard time with flats and prefolds and never puts his covers on tight enough so she ended up wearing quite a bit of it. She had to take him to her house to get a change of clothes. 

I could go for a nice oatmeal stout, not a fan of cocktails unless I'm on a beach and it comes in a coconut with a little umbrella. 

• Options
    abby8279abby8279 member
    edited October 2014
    Both girls were in sposies today- long story.  DD#2 took hers off.  And DD#3 had a poopsplosion.  Lesson learned.

Cocktail will be a dark microbrew promptly at 5.

ETA: Just realized it wasn't technically a cloth fail.  Nor is my drink a cocktail.  I need a nap!
  • Options
    Belgian trippel bock tonight. Because we are celebrating DHs birthday this weekend.
  • Options
    I got some Goose Island for DH's bday this weekend. No fails here lately. MIL seems to think CDs are so much work for me with 2 LOs now, even though I try to convince her otherwise.
  • Options
    I had a beergarita! Yum!!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"