September 2012 Moms
Options

Fffc

It's Friday! What do you want to get off your chest?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Fffc

• Options
    I suck at this plan to cut back on sugar. And I swear it's making me grouchy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are part of a CSA that runs through the end of this month. As much as I love fresh veggies, I'm really over kale and Asian greens right now, and I'm looking forward to not having to go to the farm every Friday. Of course, once it ends, I'll probably be cursing the poor produce selection at the grocery store. Sigh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been spending WAY too much money. I really need to buckle down and save so we're not using a bunch of our savings to do things that need to be updated around the house. It should be easier to stop shopping now that I probably have everything I need/want, right?

• Options
    shiggybop said:

My 3-month-old is watching Clifford with Anthony right now. He chose the show over nursing. I'm enjoying having my hands free for a few minutes.

Briar is a TV junkie! I have to feed her in another room if the tv is on, or she will pay zero attention to the task at hand.
  • Options
    @melody921 I think we are the same person this week.

I ate half a pint of Ben & Jerry's last night. Clearly I am eating my feelings this week.

I haven't done our normal CSA since July when our garden bloomed. Now that everything is on its last legs, I am buying from the grocery store and so not happy with the selection. The other day there were like 15 peppers and they were all soft!

I keep saying I need to buckle down with my spending, especially after Disney, and I have gone to the mall, TJs, BBB, & BRU, all unnecessarily in the past 5 days. Oy.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    DH's BFF told us his girlfriend is pregnant. I am super excited for them and so miserably jealous at the same time. They want to get together this weekend, but with my surgery 10 days away, I really need to put them off until after. I may start crying if I see her belly before then. #crazylady

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    DH's BFF told us his girlfriend is pregnant. I am super excited for them and so miserably jealous at the same time. They want to get together this weekend, but with my surgery 10 days away, I really need to put them off until after. I may start crying if I see her belly before then. #crazylady
    I am so sorry you are going through this, @flamingemu. You do what is most comfortable for you! I know you are ready to get this surgery behind you. You aren't crazy!

• Options
    I drove away without strapping Nola in the other day. I was so concerned with cleaning her nose that I completely forgot to buckle her. I noticed it halfway home and pulled over quickly, but I couldn't stop laughing about it in a nervous, this really isn't funny way. DH thought it was hilarious since we had just had such a long talk about car seat safety and he calls me the crazy car seat lady.

Anniversary

• Options
    AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    edited October 2014
    @Flamingemu‌ Definitely not crazy. I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes! And over the summer, I regularly ate half a pint of Ben & Jerry's. That means it's perfectly normal and you shouldn't feel badly!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've had a Subway flat breat sandwich every day for 2 weeks now. I have no idea what my problem is but they are so good!

We started swim classes again last weekend. B did awesome (far cry from last year.) Well it's on Saturdays at the Y. I heard on the radio they are having their Fall Carnival thing which includes full use of the pool, gym etc. We aren't going to swim class. The locker room is going to be a mad house. I actually think I'm going to call and complain. I paid for the session yet we won't use it because of how insane its going to be. Bitchy?

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    I drove away without strapping Nola in the other day. I was so concerned with cleaning her nose that I completely forgot to buckle her. I noticed it halfway home and pulled over quickly, but I couldn't stop laughing about it in a nervous, this really isn't funny way. DH thought it was hilarious since we had just had such a long talk about car seat safety and he calls me the crazy car seat lady.

My mom and I did this when we were with DS and he was 4 days old. In my defense I was sleep deprived, and his blanke was over him in the carseat. We always have so many things going on in our heads, it easy to forget things some times. We've all been there! At least you realized it! :)

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2014
    I told myself I wasn't going to buy a bunch of shoes for James this fall/winter because he is so hard on them that they don't keep their resale value. But I'm already bored with his selection and looking for another pair or two.

ETA: and of course the shoes I really want are impossible to find. If anyone sees these brown leather cons in size 11, let me know!
    Holy crap. I am in LOVE with these brown leather chucks!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    HUGS. You're not crazy.

• Options
    Pokedot said:

I've had a Subway flat breat sandwich every day for 2 weeks now. I have no idea what my problem is but they are so good!

We started swim classes again last weekend. B did awesome (far cry from last year.) Well it's on Saturdays at the Y. I heard on the radio they are having their Fall Carnival thing which includes full use of the pool, gym etc. We aren't going to swim class. The locker room is going to be a mad house. I actually think I'm going to call and complain. I paid for the session yet we won't use it because of how insane its going to be. Bitchy?

I hate Subway SO much. I can't even stand the smell of their bread.

I'd probably still go to the swim lesson. Once you get passed the crowds, I'm sure his pool experience will be the same.

• Options
    I started selling Jamberry to make that extra money we need and I feel like it's taking over my life. I like it but it's way harder than I thought it would be. I'm making goody bags for a Jamberry event tomorrow while sitting at my desk at my regular job. I'm going to go nuts. FFFC: I've been feeding the kids nothing but junk all week. DH has been out of town since Tuesday and, after the first night when I did nothing but yell, I've been picking my battles big time. Food is not one that I'm fighting. Sorry for the format, iPad sucks.
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    Pokedot said:

I hate Subway SO much. I can't even stand the smell of their bread.

I'd probably still go to the swim lesson. Once you get passed the crowds, I'm sure his pool experience will be the same.

I hate the smell of the place but we don' thave another sub place around here. JJ's is coming sometime later this year. I can't wait! I can't imagine working at Subway. I'd smell like BO the whole time, gross.

As for the Y thing, we're still not giong. Our Y isn't a huge place and 1,000 (that's how many were there last year) will feel like a scardine can. The locker room isn't huge either so trying to get changed and in the pool/out will be insane with that many people around. They should have rescheduled the session for some other time or extended it by one weekend.

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I told myself I wasn't going to buy a bunch of shoes for James this fall/winter because he is so hard on them that they don't keep their resale value. But I'm already bored with his selection and looking for another pair or two.

ETA: and of course the shoes I really want are impossible to find. If anyone sees these brown leather cons in size 11, let me know!
    Did you see T's new Toms? They are even cuter on.

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    This has happened to me twice now.  Now that our big kid can climb into the car and sit in his seat, shut the door, it keeps throwing me off.  

Lucky for me, he's 4 1/2 so both times, after a couple minutes of driving he tells me that I forgot to buckle him in.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm notorious for making the easiest dinner as possible on Thursday nights.  Usually the kids love it because they get breakfast for dinner.  DH is bowling, so we get home (at best) 45 minutes before the kids need to be in their beds.  That leaves very little time for making a big dinner.

Last night I was just really feeling over the week.  I fed them peanut butter sandwiches.  Dinner was on the table in 5 minutes.  But they were both in bed on time which meant less fighting from being up too late.

I felt a little bad when DH asked Brody what we had for dinner last night.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    I'm notorious for making the easiest dinner as possible on Thursday nights.  Usually the kids love it because they get breakfast for dinner.  DH is bowling, so we get home (at best) 45 minutes before the kids need to be in their beds.  That leaves very little time for making a big dinner.

Last night I was just really feeling over the week.  I fed them peanut butter sandwiches.  Dinner was on the table in 5 minutes.  But they were both in bed on time which meant less fighting from being up too late.

I felt a little bad when DH asked Brody what we had for dinner last night.  
    We ususally do easy dinners on Thursday too because like you I'm over the week and we don't need left overs usually for Friday. I need to utilize my crock pot more though.

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    This has happened to me twice now.  Now that our big kid can climb into the car and sit in his seat, shut the door, it keeps throwing me off.  

Lucky for me, he's 4 1/2 so both times, after a couple minutes of driving he tells me that I forgot to buckle him in.  

I have Maya leave the door open as a reminder for me.
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    hmp1 said:

Did you see T's new Toms? They are even cuter on.

Yes, I was wondering how they hold up. James rips through his canvas Toms in a couple wearings at school. I like the Converse toe cap for that reason. I have these grey leather boots in my cart but really want the other style.
    Youth/Tween Converse Chuck Taylor Street Sneaker

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I have done absolutely nothing this morning. The kids have been nicely playing by themselves and it's been nice.
    I am ok with that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

So I contacted my exSIL about birthday and Christmas gift ideas for my niece. They really have nothing and she's seriously a shitty mom. She's going to be 9. I'm going to buy her clothes even though her mom says she doesn't need them. While Goodwill etc are completely fine (I know they shop there) I want her to have something "new" for her. She doesn't get much and her mom is all about herself. I'd actually send her money too but I know it wouldn't go to her, her mom would spend it.

Why are these people able to procreate? It drives me nuts!

• Options
    @flamingemu I would feel the same way, you're not crazy!  ((hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Both of those converse are adorable! @hmp1! Just think, the more shoes he has to rotate, the less wear on each shoe! ;)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I feel like my computer desktop deserves a huge flame. 

Look at the shit all over it.  I worked off of it for a project and never cleaned it up afterwards.  Also, notice the background picture.  It's a photo of W's first birthday cake...the ugliest cake in the world from Kroger deli, where they spelled her name wrong.  My spaz computer set it as the background and I have just never changed it.  Bizarre.

How do you work like this? I would go nuts. I know more than one person who has a desktop like this though, so I know you aren't alone.
  • Options
    add me to the shitty dinners club this week. I've been so sick, I have no motivation to cook or eat anything.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Both of those converse are adorable! @hmp1! Just think, the more shoes he has to rotate, the less wear on each shoe! ;)
    That is usually my moto. I was trying to do less but it just doesn't work for me, lol.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I feel like my computer desktop deserves a huge flame. 

Look at the shit all over it.  I worked off of it for a project and never cleaned it up afterwards.  Also, notice the background picture.  It's a photo of W's first birthday cake...the ugliest cake in the world from Kroger deli, where they spelled her name wrong.  My spaz computer set it as the background and I have just never changed it.  Bizarre.

Bahahaha. Folders are your friend!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    dimples12 said:
    Add us to easy dinners this week. I cooked two fabulous meals Sunday and have lost all motivation. I plan to eat out while DH is away the next 7 days. #noshame I was 15 minutes late this am for a training due to wrong address. We have 30 minutes for lunch. That's up in 1 minute and I don't even have my bento box yet. Ugh. The training is actually interesting too so I feel bad.
    DH is gone next week too. I might try to do week two of no cooking, lol.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:

These were at Journey's last weekend when I was at the mall... have you checked there?? (not sure about sizes, though)
  • Options
    I met with my GP this morning about adjusting my klonopin dosage.

With everything that has been going on with work, house, new house, toddler, new baby, etc. I end up feeling like I am on the verge of having a heart attack most nights.  In fact, when my doctor was listening to my chest, I was having heart palpitations just from TALKING about why I am stressed.

My confession: When the nurse asked me why I was there before the doctor came in, I told her it was for my migraines (partially true) because all of my nurse friends are always posting stuff on Facebook about people just wanting medication all the time and blah blah...and it made me feel ashamed.  Sigh.

• Options
    jessk86 said:
    hmp1 said:

These were at Journey's last weekend when I was at the mall... have you checked there?? (not sure about sizes, though)
    Just online, and no, that is where I have the grey ones in my cart. I will call and see if they can find one to ship to me! 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I feel sad I didn't get newborn pics of W, and will feel guilty if I get them of new babe.  I also haven't gotten family photos because I've felt like a cow ever since my first pregnancy.  It makes me sad that I'm the reason I haven't done the mom duty of lining up a photo session.  I think I'll regret that later on in life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"