TTC after 35

The battles you don't choose...

Ok here's my attempt at starting some conversation lol

We all know the famous saying...choose your battles. So I want to hear the battles you let slide.
My DH insists on buying the ginormous butter that's like 64 ounces (it's just 2 of us mind you) and fill up the smaller container. They both have to be refrigerated so this seems crazy to me, but it's not a battle I choose. Lol

Re: The battles you don't choose...

• edited October 2014
    DH cannot for the life of him remember to take the trash or recycling to the curb so I always end up doing it at midnight when I get home (*side note, this was literally moment that was the straw that broke the camel's back for one of my friends a few years ago.  After having to take the trash out at midnight when she had worked a 13 hour day she came inside and told her H she wanted a divorce).  H has really stepped up his game helping around the house in other ways since my loss so I don't harp about this small thing.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH wants to leave sorted laundry in the hallway beside the laundry room.  Our laundry room is fair sized and her really has room in there to  keep it.  I usually pick it up and move it back into laundry room.  I am so thankful that he is doing laundry and helping, but it drives me crazy to come down the hall and it be full of piles of laundry. I choose to ignore it and move it back every time.  We take turns doing laundry and house work. If I'm working he does most of it and if he is working and it's my day off I do it.  So I try not to be to picky.
  • @wannabmama23‌ we have the pool of water issue too. I've given up on that too. I keep 2 bath mats so I can switch if it's wet when i go in. I tried to hint to him to dry off before he steps out a long time ago but it didn't sink in... I can live with it and at least the floor gets mopped there. Lol
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • @wannabmama23 and @vh2014  I'm totally the pool of water culprit in our house. I think it happens because I leave the shower curtain open a crack to cool down the steam (I like REALLY hot showers) and it drips out? I always try to mop it up myself though. oops.
  • @WinoGrrl‌ I've done that. ..I'm a hot shower girl too. His issue is taking to much water out on his body. If he would shake it off (I know sounds like a dog lol) we'd be good but oh well. ..
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • @bearfootz I'm the flip side.  Your DH's habit is my bad habit that drives my DH nuts.  I have a tendancy to slurp and crunch.  DH always gives me a look of exasperation when I do it while we eat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• DH is a noisy eater, too. He'll plop down right next to me on the couch and crunch and smack his way through a bag of chips, and be surprised when I get up and leave the room. I don't get it - why do some people just never learn how to NOT sound like they're slurping gravel when they eat?
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • I am sitting here and trying to think of what I let slide but I've come to the conclusion that I choose ALL battles lol

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• @b0710‌ my DH does the same thing with his clothes. I don't mind doing his laundry along with mine, but I've told him I will only wash what is in the hamper (his doesn't even have a lid, but he misses when he tosses it from across the room). At times the hamper has been empty with a pile around it!

I once knew a woman who would pick up the dirty pile, but fold it and put it back with his clean clothes! Ha! I haven't gone that far yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"