1st Trimester

What worries you do have about your relationship/marriage post-baby & what might help ease them?

RJ26RJ26 member
edited October 2014 in 1st Trimester
As a mom of two with a lot of opinions about the importance of expecting parents trying to prepare their relationship for a baby--based on 20/20 hindsight and, also, some of my professional work in this area--I'm curious what, if anything, you're worried about happening (or not happening) in your relationship/marriage after the baby arrives? I'm especially curious because I sometimes find that my pregnant friends "get" that babies impact relationships--because they've seen it happen to the rest of us who had kids--but I also get the sense that they believe: "That won't happen to us!" I'd welcome knowing about any of your concerns and, also, what you think or hope might help ease them? Thanks in advance for sharing!!!!

Re: What worries you do have about your relationship/marriage post-baby & what might help ease them?

• Oh wait. Lube. You're never coming back anyway. Might as well up my post count for whatever reason anyone would want to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Suggesting lube is helpful. ;;)
  • Lube probably wouldn't have helped that situation. :-?
  • RQuinlin said:
    PSA: OP posted identical threads in 2nd and 3rd tri. If you want to be part of research go ahead and answer.
    I'm actually genuinely interested in the responses. :-/
  • And ended up posting in other groups because I realized they might be closer to experiencing concerns, whereas it occurred to me that the greatest concerns in the first trimester--at least for me--were about making it to the second trimester. 
  • Hi. I noticed your thread ended up a total joke as did mine the first time I ever posted. I am a first time mother and my husband works nights through the week. I work through the day even though we are both off on the weekends together I just know there's going to be lots of feedings and bath times and bed times missed by my husband.
  • I don't really have too many concerns. This is number two for us so we kind of know what to expect with sleep deprivation and all that. We know it will be stressful at first and we may snap at each other here and there but we also both know how wonderful it is. Its very exciting but our biggest concern is making sure we don't let our son who will be 5 feel any less important to us so just making sure he gets a lot of our attention as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"