Late Term and Child Loss
Options

OT- TTCAL Prayers Needed

Hi Ladies!

I know I haven't been around much lately but this TTCAL thing has been just driving me crazy.

I know this is not really loss related but I really love you ladies!

I just wanted to ask for your prayers for our decision making that we will need today. I haven't shared that we our ttc with anyone in our real life and the fear of another loss is very real and I know something you all could understand.

I have come to a difficult part in this journey and I don't really know where to turn and could use your help/prayers.
A little background...after 14 months TTC the first time, I got pregnant with twins after using 50mg of Clomid. They were born at 25 weeks and my daughter Mary passed away 2 days after birth.
So, it's definitely risky for twins.

I am seeing a high risk doctor and working with my RE but they left this one in my hands.

I have been switched to Femara for this round of TTC at 2.5 (the lowest dose) and went in for my CD 14 ultrasound and they found 3 mature follicles... So a risk for multiples again.

I am so torn! We want another baby so badly but DO NOT want to have to go through what we did last time.
I don't know if we cancel this cycle or continue and run the risk of multiples again. I know they may not all take (if any) and when I got pregnant with the twins, it was unmonitored so I have no idea if I had 2 mature follicles or 6!

Re: OT- TTCAL Prayers Needed

• Options
    Hugs to you. I only have experience with Clomid and took 50 mg and only got one leading mature follicle from that so don't have experience with multiple follicles.

That sounds like a really tough decision but like you said you weren't monitored before so don't know how many follicles you had last time. I guess you should also ask yourself what if there were only two follicles, would that change your mind or is it the fear of twins regardless? Does your RE have any idea of the stats on how many twin or more pregnancies typically result from three mature follicles? I know that stats don't mean much to me anymore after loss but it could be worth looking into if you haven't already.

I wish I had the answer for you but instead all I can offer is prayers for you in making the best decision that you can be at peace with. Hugs to you.
  • Options
    **ticker warning**

I actually ran into this problem with my FET in June.  I lost my twin boys in January, and my OB and RE urged me to only transfer one embryo from now on.  My loss was not related to multiples,but since multiples are a high risk pregnancy in and of itself, they did not want additional risk to what would already be classified as a high risk pregnancy (sorry, I hope that makes sense).  The problem was, our clinic froze our embryos in pairs. 

Ultimately, the day of the transfer, I decided to only transfer one.  We have already had issues in this pregnancy, which makes me so glad that I did not risk transferring two.  I know it is different that cancelling a cycle, since technically I still went ahead with the transfer.  I can only say that do what you think is right, and do what you think is safe. Cancelling a cycle and waiting for another round is difficult (I know, we had two cancelled cycles in a row).  But, your goal is to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.  Best wishes to you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

**TICKER WARNING**

Praying you find strength in your decisions. Also, praying for a happy healthy pregnancy when it happens.  

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    ***siggy warning

You are facing such a difficult decision, I honestly don't know what I would do. But I want you to know I'm sending thoughts and prayers of strength your way to make the decision you feel is right, and feel confident in that decision.
  • Options
    Did your Dr give you any advice?  when I took clomid I had four follies but at that point we had found out that my AMH and egg quantity was really low...my RE said he would never tell a normal person to go ahead with the cycle but with my numbers he said we would be lucky to get one good egg out of it (we got a BFN).   How comfortable is your dr. with you going ahead?  good luck making a decision!

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    I am sorry you are faced with such a difficult decision. T&P to you.

Asher born February 5, 2011.

Baby #2 born sleeping at 20 weeks. May 6, 2014.

• Options
    Thank you all! With lots of discussion and prayer... We decided to go ahead and continue with this cycle! :-S Please continue to pray that God will give us a healthy baby (or babies) that we can bring home and keep. Thank you for all of your support even though I know I've been slacking so much lately. [-O<
  • Options
    So many ((hugs)) and praying for a healthy baby (or babies).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    **Ticker**

Lots of T&Ps!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    ****siggy warning

Good luck with this cycle, I hope to hear good news soon!!
  • Options
    *siggy warning*

Hugs, TTCAL is hard. I was on Clomid when I first try to conceive, and from my experience, Clomid produced more follicles than Femara. My RE was able to control the follicles better with Femara. My RE will not continue with the cycle if he sees more than 2 large follicles, he doesn't want to take the chances of having multiples. 
    Good luck, and talk to your RE about your concerns.

Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    Thinking of you and sending prayers up as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"