February 2013 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    I am sick of Frozen. All of it. Everything.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tamarar5 said:

Lmao, we are currently watching Frozen.
  • Options
    tamarar5 said:
    I have never seen Frozen... I am so glad I haven't
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    I'm home sick. I actually took a day off. This alone is a big deal (I have only ever taken 1 since becoming a teacher). I'm totally laying in bed with juice and not doing anything to clean up this mess of a house

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Might not be unpopular here but I am scared shitless about the whole Ebola thing. I am so fuming mad that the 2nd Nurse who tested positive flew on a commercial airline and even more pissed about all the articles yesterday talking about how you can't contract it when someone isn't showing any symptoms. Well guess what people?? This morning it came out that she DID have a fever the day she flew back home and called health care officials asking if it was okay to fly and they said yes. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?

I pray to all things that no one else will be reporting another positive infected person. I'll calm down once we have hit the 30-60 day mark with no new cases. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    draeray said:
    Might not be unpopular here but I am scared shitless about the whole Ebola thing. I am so fuming mad that the 2nd Nurse who tested positive flew on a commercial airline and even more pissed about all the articles yesterday talking about how you can't contract it when someone isn't showing any symptoms. Well guess what people?? This morning it came out that she DID have a fever the day she flew back home and called health care officials asking if it was okay to fly and they said yes. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?

I pray to all things that no one else will be reporting another positive infected person. I'll calm down once we have hit the 30-60 day mark with no new cases. 

This.

I was just thinking this morning about how much food I would need in the house to hole up myself and my family until this is over. 

Ugh.

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    @fignewt74 , We have 6 months of dry food storage and a 55 gallon barrel of water and A LOT of guns and bullets. Sometimes I fear we still don't have enough.

• Options
    holly321 said:

tamarar5 said:

As are we!

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    sjames2 said:

holly321 said:

tamarar5 said:

As are we!
    Us too!!!!! Hahaha. Rainy day movie!
    Jenny DiLo
  • Options
    @Sterling13, Good point. We will just shoot the looters that are trying to steal our stash with the AR15 from a distance to ensure we don't infect ourselves with their bodily fluids. Good thing we have an expensive ass scope on it. LOL

• Options

I am getting completely white bedding for my "new" bedroom. Yup, with a toddler and a newborn.   I've always wanted fluffy white bedding and I'm finally getting it.  I might end up regretting this decision, but I don't care.

Yay! 

White is my favorite color.  My advice...invest in some Clorox bleach :)

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    @Sterling13, you do know I am joking right?  :D

• Options
    fignewt74 said:

I don't get make-up sex.

I don't go from mad to wanting to have sex...I go from mad to quiet and stewing, to not-as-mad, to thinking-about-getting-over-it, to actually getting over it and then forgiving.  Its a process.  And after all that I'm too exhausted to want to have sex.

I don't get it either. But one time, my grandmother called me and made me incredibly angry and I was so frustrated that I couldn't sleep so I made dh have sex with me. He said it was the best ever. So, maybe anger makes it better?
  • Options
    Becoming a mommy made me a big wimp. I worry about the flu, D68, Ebola and anything else that can cause death to my baby!

• Options
    DC2London said:

Sadly, a lot of people can't afford to stay home sick.

Yup, I think this is a big factor. Going into work sick versus staying home could be the difference between having enough to eat that week if you don't have paid sick leave. And in some cases it could be the difference between keeping your job and getting fired.

• Options
    Oh and I'm on team get stuff for around the house and teach delayed gratification. Obviously don't neglect your kid's needs just so you can vacuum, but I think it sends the wrong message when you drop everything immediately every time your child wants your attention. I think there's a balance. I keep my house clean but I don't worry about keeping it spotless at the expense of spending time with DD. If she wants attention while I'm cooking or folding laundry or something I try to include her in that activity, and it's the best of both worlds. But sometimes she just has to wait for my attention, and other times I will pause from what I'm doing to play with her for a bit.

• Options
    Lol. This is actually fitting because I stayed home sick today. But I will admit I have worked places were it was definitely NOT ok to take a sick day, and the boss made that very very clear to the staff. Even thought I no longer work in that environment I still panic (in my head anyways) any time I need a day off.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    DC2London said:

I get this. I really do. But money isn't everything. And feeding yourself isnt really number one priority when you are putting others in danger.
    In the case of my particular coworker, we have paid sick leave at my work. Plus, my child is immune compromised. She also was so sick, she was in the ICU for about a week. She should stay home. We work with the elderly, who knows how many people she infected.
  • Options

I am getting completely white bedding for my "new" bedroom. Yup, with a toddler and a newborn.   I've always wanted fluffy white bedding and I'm finally getting it.  I might end up regretting this decision, but I don't care.

I am a firm believer in all white bedding. Both my master and the guest bedroom have all white bedding. You are making a fantastic choice, my friend.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    DC2London said:

Or, like at my last job, they use banked PTO and take those sick days, then get written up for being gone and spend the rest of their employment lives on attendance probation.

And I'm not the only one this happened too. :/
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    It bothers me that my SD (she is 11) doesn't do things for people for their birthdays. Her big sis turned 18 this past Saturday and I asked her if she was going to make her a card and she said she hadn't even thought about it. Then, she mentions that she was waiting to make the card for her sisters "birthday party" which is this coming weekend (maybe), but this kid has little follow through. She is a loving girl but it just bugs me a lot. This every-other-weekend deal is hard to make a lasting positive impact on her. I hope it's just a phase. I see this in other aspects of her life, like if her sister asks her to do anything for her, it's always no. She is not giving of her time, as well. I really hope it's a phase. Bleh.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    ally2011ally2011 member
    edited October 2014
    holly321 said:
    I saw something on Facebook the other day. It was a child's perspective saying things like " mommy come play with me, I am only little for a little while, put down the dishes and make a cake", . So that was bad paraphrasing, but it saying don't do housework, play with the child instead. I hate reading stuff like that. It gives unnecessary guilt for doing stuff around the house that needs done.
    I was just telling dh about this guilt today.  Today dd played with her cousins who are here for a visit for a few hours, got a mommy led nature hike around nana's yard with the older one (big yard, took 45 minutes), and got to go to a pumpkin patch.....tomorrow she has a another cousin fun day....so you know what?  On Monday when she is stuck inside all day while I do laundry and clean, I will force myself to have no guilt.  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    I just want to say that if you think about stopping for coffee, DO IT. I decided to go home instead and drink coffee there. BIG MISTAKE. DD having tantrum, contractor needs more money and more time, need to clear out a bedroom (by myself) today, etc etc. At least if I had my coffee I could have dealt with all of this in a sane way (other than wasting time on the internet). 

Oh, and I really need to poop, but I have no toilet. 3 are out since they are being replaced/worked on today. The 4th is broken. I blame my DH for a lot of this. Poor guy is as stressed as I am. 
  • Options
    oh, and regarding the whole Ebola thing- I am confident that we (in America) will be ok. I think there will be more cases, but it won't be as bad as the media is portraying it to be. It is not easy to get Ebola, even if you are in close contact with someone who is sick. If that weren't the case, many more people would have been infected by now (think how Duncan was in the ER at Texas Presbyrterian Hospital twice, only infecting two nurses and how none of his family members have contracted the disease). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"