October 2013 Moms

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • My UO. People giving advice on a situation they know nothing about or have never been through.
    Liiiiiiiiiiiike?
    My friend is trying to shove her advice down my throat on what car to buy and how. She has never even driven a car! How to raise my son, they have no kids, or kids in their family. It's crazy sauce annoying. And I have been on a shorter rope since this divorce. I may or may not, have snapped at her.
    I would have cut her. So you're nicer than me. 

And the bolded?? ::Mark Wahlberg confused face::

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• In regards to the # of kids > than # of bedrooms, my ILs had 6 kids in a 3 bedroom house.  All the boys (4 of them, but 2 were twins) shared a room and the girls (2) shared a room.  I'll give my ILs props for giving the master bedroom to the boys, but DH has some crazy stories.  They moved to a bigger house about 10 years ago, after the two girls had moved out, and everyone finally got their own room.  

They also had 2 or 3 TVs in the room the boys shared so that they wouldn't fight over what show was on...

I don't like my ILs.

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember asking my dad when I was younger why dentists kill themselves (deep thoughts at the dinner table). He said it was most likely because they are people's worst fear. Children are terrified of them, adults are either still scared or genuinely hate having to see them, and on the scale of medical services they are considered lower in necessity. All that said, he practices in the Bay Area so thanks for that stat, @trackgirlparis‌ :P

I think it's important that kids growing up have their own personal space. Maybe not when they are younger, but deft when they reach puberty. I think it is important to consider the space in your home when family planning.

Hahaha, whoops! Sorry!

imageimage    

• Amjoy25 said:

I don't care that Willa still takes bottles. I don't care that she still drinks 24 ounces of formula a day. I don't care that she isn't properly "sleep trained"....she still falls asleep while drinking a bottle and we transfer her into her crib asleep. I feel like she will only be a baby once, and I am in no rush. 

I told my husband last night we needed to change these behaviors....he didn't care either. :)

I feel you. Obviously you know Madeline is still on a bottle. She does get meals and WCM, but this transfer is stressing me OUT! She is boob/ bottle obsessed!
    Preach, girls!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think I have a good one! Its a day late but who cares.  I think changing your kids poop diaper on the booth of a restaurant is gross.  If the restroom doesn't have a changing table I figure it out but I certainly don't use the booth next to me.  

Dude. This is why I always pack a changing pad. I've laid one down under DS on the floor of the bathroom, to avoid doing so in the eating area. I was bent over with my ass facing the door, and although it was locked, I was terrified someone was going to burst in and knock me into the toilet.
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"