September 2012 Moms

Thursday Thoughts

2»

Re: Thursday Thoughts

• I need a little work advice ladies. I applied for another job at my company last week. The posting asked that I email everything to the director. I haven't heard. I'm a little concerned that she may not check email since it's not a big thing around here for someone not to check regularly. Is it pushy to send the same stuff I emailed through inter-office mail or to put the physical copies in her mailbox?
    If it said to email, I'd just leave it at that. Save a tree.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @melody921 do you usually clash with him?  Did he miss the part where it wasn't some incompatibility issue between you and prospective employees, LOL. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • @melody921 do you usually clash with him?  Did he miss the part where it wasn't some incompatibility issue between you and prospective employees, LOL. 
    @tinyhumantoe, for the most part, we get along. We've had some moments of clashing though, and they always center on his belief that I need to be kinder, gentler, more understanding and put fewer demands on people. This always comes on the heels of someone else in the organization not coming through with what they said they would get to me, and me taking the heat for it. He's being a smart ass, but it stings because two weeks ago, he essentially told me the same thing, only more drawn out. Long and short, I need to be nicer. Does anyone ever tell a man that? I'm pissed because it feels personal, and I don't think that's appropriate.

• Just got a text from H saying "Buyer is ready to close at the end of next week".

I cannot express how completely unprepared we are to move.

...like I haven't packed...anything.

Fuck. Help?

• hmp1 said:
    BPer said:
    Just got a text from H saying "Buyer is ready to close at the end of next week".

Fuck. Help?
    Just pay the movers to pack for you.
    ^this. Movers are a gift from God... or whatever higher power you may believe in. I mean, they can balance like 3 boxes on their backs! That's supernatural...if I do say so myself!
  • hmp1 said:
    BPer said:
    Just got a text from H saying "Buyer is ready to close at the end of next week".

Fuck. Help?
    Just pay the movers to pack for you.
    Oh, movers? We probably should have set those up as well.  I thought I had another week.  Which really isn't enough time to justify being this far behind, but still.

• BPer said:
    My boss is a man with resting bitch face.

He always has this look on his face that screams "who farted?"

So is this a different man from the one that you find oddly attractive in a fatherly way? (or maybe I'm combining several people into one here)

• You know what? Anna gets no credit. Somehow Elsa has gotten all the attention and she's not even in the movie that much. Anna's the main character, but everyone wants to be Elsa. Poor Anna.

I'm losing it today.

Anniversary

• MrsKipper said:

You know what? Anna gets no credit. Somehow Elsa has gotten all the attention and she's not even in the movie that much. Anna's the main character, but everyone wants to be Elsa. Poor Anna.

I'm losing it today.

Sawyer only cares about Anna. We got her an Elsa dress for her birthday party and she wouldn't wear it until we called it an Anna dress.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • FUCK  Our washing machine is shot....  Does it ever end?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• @MrsKipper, my husband and I were having the same conversation the other day (and a lengthy one at that!).  Plus Anna is hilarious.

• I bit the bullet and bought 3 pairs of nice cognac riding boots from Macy's online last weekend. Wide calf. So far two have come in-one pair(the cheapest) is just ok but did not wow me, and the second pair are soooo cute but are almost taller than my knees. So I now I need wide calf boots that also come in petite/short???
    Le sigh....FWP.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Late to the game but I need somewhere to vent.

Had the worst day at work- my grade 2s just would not listen and were being totally frustrated. I am overtired and my back is killing me. No idea how I'm going to work until January. I can barely walk by the end of th day.

I have university class Thursday evenings so I have to leave right after school as drive 45 mins to get to university. MIL who has DS calls and say she took him to walk-in Because his ear is red and he is pulling on it. My BIL (her son) is a dr and was working and checks N out and turns out he has a raging double ear infection. Poor kid. I have a presentation today so I have to go to class. I just wanted to go home. Ugh. I did my presentation and left.

Yuck. I wish it was the weekend now.
    Thanks for reading.

• I'm trying to watch American Horror Story, but the clown is so farking scary! I turn my head away & then manage to look back right at the exact moment there is an extreme close up on his face. X_X

• I bit the bullet and bought 3 pairs of nice cognac riding boots from Macy's online last weekend. Wide calf. So far two have come in-one pair(the cheapest) is just ok but did not wow me, and the second pair are soooo cute but are almost taller than my knees. So I now I need wide calf boots that also come in petite/short???
    Le sigh....FWP.

How much are you wanting/willing to spend? I have a pair of frye boots that I absolutely love, and I wouldn't say they are too tall at all!
  • jessk86 said:

I bit the bullet and bought 3 pairs of nice cognac riding boots from Macy's online last weekend. Wide calf. So far two have come in-one pair(the cheapest) is just ok but did not wow me, and the second pair are soooo cute but are almost taller than my knees. So I now I need wide calf boots that also come in petite/short???
    Le sigh....FWP.

How much are you wanting/willing to spend? I have a pair of frye boots that I absolutely love, and I wouldn't say they are too tall at all!
    @jessk86‌
    Well the last pair came in and were the most expensive ($127 on sale, I think $159 regular priced-I got three pairs for $300 with the intent to return the two that didn't work), and THEY sadly didn't work either. I don't know if I'd wear them enough to justify Frye's prices.
    Both pairs that seemed tallish were described on the website as being 16" tall and the "just ok" ones say 15". I'm going to try them all on again this weekend with jeans, leggings and a dress just to see the differences. I'm just super bummed bc I be never had that problem with dressy boots before.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"