September 2012 Moms
Options

Abigail's birth story

Eastie156Eastie156 member
edited November 2014 in September 2012 Moms
Abigail Ann (Abby) was born yesterday at 7:12 pm weighing in at 7lbs & 11oz. She's almost a full lb bigger than her brother was ! Labor started yesterday morning at 4:30 am when I got out of bed to go to the bathroom, felt incredible pressure and my water broke. Still not convinced it had happened, I cleaned it up and went back to bee for an hour or so. I got up again and called my MW who told us to go to the hospital. We got there about 9am, with no contractions at all. About 11am we started one dose of cytotec and. 4 hours later my cervix was still closed up tight. We decided to try one more round before hitting the pitocin and sure enough, that did it. Second dose of cytotec was at 3:15 and by 5:45 I was having good solid contactions that were 5 minutes apart. It quickly progressed from there and by 6:30 I was 7 cm dilated: the contractions were becoming very strong and I asked for an epi. The anesthesiologist got there quickly but I progressed so fast from 7-10 cm, that he couldn't get it done fast enough! Little Abby was born med-free at 7:19 pm with a very quick delivery. We are doing well and suprisingly I feel better now than I did after Ethan's birth, which was a medicated birth. If you hung in for this story thanks!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

Re: Abigail's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"