TTC after 35

Neurologist MRI scan update :)

So I told you guys a couple of weeks back that the MRI scan came back normal. Phew. Went to see Dr yesterday because although symptoms are much better they are still there.

Dr is now treating them as migraines, plus a sinus problem. In the background I'm also treating it as a stress problem and making lots of positive lifestyle improvements.
So I asked if there was any reason we shouldn't TTC, and he said no to go ahead.

However, he also said if my blocked ear (had it for four months) in 2 - 4 weeks with a spray he is trying that he'll look at getting a CT scan to look at my sinuses. So I'm going to hold off TTC because a) I'm not sure a CT scan is a good thing while pregnant and b) if sinuses are still a problem I don't know what treatment will be suggested. c) I figure it's only a few more weeks.

Anyway things are rolling along nicely, and I've also been losing weight, which is good because a) I'm fat and b) being fat can increase risks of miscarrying and haemmorhaging, and I really don't want to play that game again if it can be avoided.

Hope all is well with you wonderful ladies.
Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Neurologist MRI scan update :)

• Glad the MRI came back good. Hope you get the sinus CT and everything is fine.  I have a lot of problems with my sinuses and have been put on tons of steroids in the past for it, so hopefully some steroids and antibiotics will fix ya up.  The sinuses may be what is making your ear stop up. 
  • CT has radiation so you can't have one if pregnant. So holding off till after the scan is a good idea.
    I'm so glad you are getting answers. My husband spent a year in and out of doctors offices looking for answers (his turned out to be stress/anxiety).
    Good for you for losing weight, the healthier you get the better for future pregnancy.

How is your anemia?

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Best wishes for continued health improvement!
  • So glad the MRI was normal.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Glad the MRI was normal. I have a history of pretty dramatic migraines and no real answers about why, but managing stress has really helped. Weirdly, magnesium supplements did too, not sure if that's ok while TTC. I'm not taking anymore bc they are very infrequent recently (they put me on beta blockers too to help reduce stress effects, which they did...but too much, I need a little edge).
    Good luck on lifestyle changes, too!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Glad you got a good report, and congrats on the weight loss.  Here's to good health!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• That is good news, Kate! I hope that you get to 100% soon.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• that's great news! glad things are looking up, and hopefully your sinuses clear up on their own :)
  • Wonderful....on your way to health and baby!!

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Yay on the good report!  
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Glad you got a great report and good luck with the continued weight loss.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @hooligans4 my iron levels are on the low side since the miscarriage and all the blood loss, but have been on iron supplements since then and it is gardually increasing so that it is now better than before the miscarriage.
    I'm still having B12 injections for another month or two.

@wannabmama23 my dr just put me on magnesium supplements this week because my muscles have been twitchy, which apparently low magnesium can be a cause. He said that if I get pregnant I just have to stop taking one of my medications, but that my supplements are fine to keep taking. Although now you're making me second guess if he meant my iron and folic acid, or the magnesium as well. Will double check when the time comes.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• So glad the news is good!  And you're right, it's only a couple more weeks so waiting (though hard) is worth your own health.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • edited October 2014
    I have chronic migraine, and here are some things that work for me: 1. Weekly acupuncture. 2. Regular exercise. 3. Limited use of alcohol, processed foods and caffeine. Some triggers are unavoidable (such as barometric pressure changes), but some, like stress and diet, can be managed. My neuro had me read this book, it gives you the blueprint for an elimination diet so you can root out triggers: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/heal-your-headache-david-buchholz/1005054827?ean=9780761125662
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"