Cloth Diapering

Answer me this

I'm not sure if I will go this route, but tell me if you think it would work.

Adeline is potty trained except at night. About half the time she wakes up dry. We've been doing disposables since she potty trained because of the lack of diaper laundry. However, she is starting to break out with her eczema on her butt. I want to put a prefold on her and a flip overnight. I know this will hold since she never really soaks too much. I am more worried about the laundry. My laundry routine was so intense (My effing fl!!!). I had to prewash, wash, rinse rinse. And bleach once a month with two rinses. And SO much detergent it was ridiculous. I used tide. Do you think I could wash the prefolds in normal wash (with clothes) on hot or do you think I'd have some issues with them not getting clean?

Re: Answer me this

• Could you rinse them out well in the sink and then wash with regular detergent? I bet that would work.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I mean regular laundry.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Could you use a receiving blanket as a flat instead?  They wash super easy.  And are more absorbant than the prefolds I have.  You could rinse it either in the sink or in the machine, then do a wash with towels?  Just an idea... 

With my HE machine and hard water I've been using tide to line 1 on a prewash (rinse would be ok, I'm sure with only 1-2 diapers) then tide to line 3 on a hot wash. No extra rinse.  It's been working for me so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would think you could just wash it out well in the morning then add it to any load of laundry you have to do. Prefolds wash pretty easily in my experience.
  • I didn't think of rinsing it. I might try it. And I don't even want to tell you how much detergent I was using it was embarrassing. We had to do a monthly bleach for stink issues. They never got clean. Horrible. Horrible. Before we have another baby we are getting a new washer and preferably an old agitator washer just for diapers so I never have to fight with he again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"