TTC after 35
Options

Think its going to be hard to get PG at 38 :/

I have a feeling this will be difficult if not impossible... me and DH are both 38.. I also think I have endometriosis. the good thing is I am super regular and can always tell when I OV. I seem to Ov very regularly as well.. Not sure if DH sperm is okay.. But idk about age.. We had two days before Ov and on Ov day and day after.. But my chest is already a little sore and I had mood swings which seem like my typical PMS ones start last week. I am guessing I am not.. 

I also just started pre natals so maybe its better I am not this month?  Anyone get PG fairly easily after this age?? Wondering what my chances are...

Re: Think its going to be hard to get PG at 38 :/

• Options

runner76 said:

I also just started pre natals so maybe its better I am not this month?  Anyone get PG fairly easily after this age?? Wondering what my chances are...

This would be a better question to ask the "Pregnant Over 35" board. 

Thirty-eight is not old, IMO. @Kelley72 shared some great advice (as always). Be sure to temp, use OPKs, and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you have not done so already. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got pregnant really easily at 38 and a half.  Different story this time around, obviously.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I am 38 (39 this Dec) and have been TTC for over a year and a half.  In that time, I've gotten pregnant 5 times.  None have stuck, but I can easily get pregnant.  And I too am very regular and am sure of my O dates.  I think those are two very good things to have going on.  I think you can easily get pregnant.  Don't start getting all worried just yet!!!

Oh, and based on my extensive research, DTD the day before O and two days before O are the most successful days, with there not being much difference in success rates for the two.  So it sounds like you got your timing perfect.  That's all you can do!  Good luck!
  • Options
    It took me three cycles to get pregnant at 39. I came off BC in March and got my BFP in July. It was a mmc, but getting pregnant was not an issue.

PMS symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are similar; don't count yourself out. Do your research and do the temping/charting. After six months, begin looking at medical options, should you choose that route.

Lots of women get pregnant at 38 and beyond. The "scary" number 35 comes from research that is hundreds of years old. Just look to the recent past and how many of our grandmother's generation who "got caught" - thought they were entering menopause, only to discover that they were pregnant after their other children were older. 

It can happen. Be patient, and educate yourself.
  • Options
    I'll be 38 in March.  :-L Wading these waters myself...
    TTC#1, I'm 37, DH 36 | Just started trying Sept 2014
    Going in for first RE appt. in October...Preparing for good or bad news. 
    Trying to be chill about the process...and not get too intense about it all. 
    It's hard to be chill. 

• Options
    I'm 39 and get pregnant easily. Sadly, they have not stuck with me but the actual conceiving was easy!  Common rule of thumb these days is if you have trouble get pregnant after 6 months, consider seeing an RE. But it take much longer for anybody of any age!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Not old!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    don't know if this is psycho-somatic but I am so nauseous today... could that even start this early.. my period is due on Monday.
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    edited October 2014
    Maybe.  I remember one cycle I actually threw up the day I got my period.  The nausea was completely unrelated.  That's why the 2WW is such a mind freak.  If it is because you are pregnant, you should be able to turn a test positive.  Good luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"