October 2012 Moms

WTF Wednesday.

I had the shittiest morning. The girls were evil. Locked myself out. Took forever to get to work.

Then I realized it was Wednesday and I'm not even supposed to be in the office. I even dropped B at daycare.

And now I'm crying at the train station.

Re: WTF Wednesday.

• I feel like I'm stuck in a dream. Waiting to wake up. :(

• Huge hugs @stephcarter hope your morning gets better

• Loading the player...
  • So how dumb am I going to look to the daycare teachers? Because I feel really dumb.

B's Cardiologist appt is Friday and I've been losing sleep over it. So stressed out. Plus the house. And work work work. 37 hrs OT per pay period. So It's ok that my head is all fucked up today right?

• StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    edited October 2014
    Im staying home today with wesley as he woke up in the middle of the night with a fever of 101.8 gave him some tylenol so he can sleep. His eye is looking a little pink ao im hoping its not pink eye. Just called his daycare to say he wont be there and the director told me that one mom of a kid in wesleys class just told her that her son had pink eye and another mom this morning set her kid all last week with hand foot and mouth. Guess the good part is that we have his 2year checkup today so i dont need to worry about attempting to get into the pediatrician

Edit:holy spelling errors batman!

• @stephcarter‌ , hope your day gets better. I hate when the day starts out like a shit show, and then everything sucks from there.
  • I got her from DC and almost cried while I was there. Then I left and cried a lot. And now I'm home and feel ok.

• WtF harry potter ride. I'm at univeral standing in line and it has broken down like 3 x in the 40 min we have been here.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @chricast that is somewhat terrifying...

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • @stephcarter‌, holy shit, 37 hours of OT?! Yea, I'd be a mess too. Hope things get better.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I just looked at my ticker and realized Nora is almost five months old.... :-O

• Wesley is refusing to nap and has been a whiny mess all day. I know he doesn't feel good but why wont he nap. Yesterday at daycare he took a 3 hour nap. Also i cant get my kid to eat anything. Tge last time he had any goodwas yesterday around 3. He had had already 3 sippy cups of milk today. Can't wait for his apt this afternoon.

• Go royals.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • I'm so tired. Norah didn't sleep last night. She melted down when we got home from therapy so she's in bed early.

Insurance company wants 3 freaking weeks to decide if they will cover Norah's MRI- wtf. Also, if I posted that yesterday, see the first line of this post. :/

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Lovetit for the holding part @BandEddie‌. Not the puking part.

WTF Husband's work? First date night in over a month and he gets called in the exact moment our buzzer goes off telling ud our table is ready. Jackholes. So I'm chilling in a steakhouse alone till he gets back.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Well finally got little man to bed his apt wemt good. He is in the 94% for height and 93% for weight and his pedi was happy with what he can do and say. She also said hes healthy and as far as she can tell he doesn't have anything. So i have no idea where his fever came from or why he wont eat. She did say her best guess is the last of the molars must be coming through. I can't wait for him to have all his teeth!

• thanks everyone! my headache got pretty bad and turned into a full blown migraine last night so I went to bed pretty early. Woke up this morning to no dishes in the sink, amazing :)

@mbm1983, yes its a pedi cardiologist. She has 2 heart defects that were found when she was in the hosp for pertussis. We go every six months and the week before is always ridiculously stressful for me. Last time we went, he couldnt hear the murmurs, but B was screaming like a psycho the entire time. She freaked out so bad that they couldnt even get the EKG done. Praying she's better this time so we can get some answers. 

• chricast said:
    My TMI is late but I bought a 20 day opk this month since my cycles have been so long. It was finally positive yesterday on cd19. Fingers crossed for a Disney magic baby!! Last time I was pregnant it was also a Disney magic baby but this time I will need more pixie dust to help it stick!
    FX for a sticky Disney baby!

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• BandEddie said:
    Andsoalso, the babies are TWO. TOMORROW. I want a recount! There's no way they're two!! Hold me please?!

Happy birthday x3!

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @NeedUTonite, I have a 35mm prime that I really enjoy.  When I'm looking for an unassuming lens to leave on my camera, this is my go-to choice.  It's much better than the 50mm for indoor portraits on a crop-sensor, which is what I'm assuming you have.  I have the Nikkor version, and it was only about $150 -- Are you sure there isn't one that's got a slightly higher aperture that you could buy at the 35mm range?  The f/1.2 can be very pricey, but you could probably get a good price on a f/1.8 or even a f/2.2 (though I think you should spring for the f/1.8 if you can).  I also highly recommend the site keh.com -- they sell used and refurbished lenses that have been repaired and graded for quality.  I and a professional photographer friend of mine have gotten several pieces of equipment from them with no issue.  You can also rent lenses from camera stores or an online place like borrowlenses.com to give them a try.  Some camera stores will also let you mount lenses on your body and play around with them for a few minutes.  One last resource -- dpreview.com has thorough and reliable reviews for lenses.

The zooms I use are the Tamron 17-55mm with a constant 2.8 aperture.  This was my first non-kit-lens purchase, and it's a great starter, all-around lens -- lightweight, good for indoors as well as outdoors, and a great zoom range.  It's not quite as pricey as others, but it will run you about $400, if I remember correctly.  My only complaint is that it has a sometimes sluggish and loud auto-focus.  I recently sprung for the Nikkor 24-70mm, which is my new favorite...it's sexy as hell, but pretty expensive.  I sprung for it just after Henry was born with a big Christmas bonus we'd received.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"