Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often giving bath?

DS spits up quite a bit and can get a little stinky I've been giving him a bath twice a week. Just curious how often other babies get baths.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How often giving bath?

• I do once a day depending on our schedule sometimes every other day or when we have a stinky accident :)
  • Usually a few times a week depending on how stinky she gets from spit up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • I wash her face/neck area at least once daily and try to give her a bath every other night.
    Happily married for......
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We do once a day. It's part of his bedtime routine. He really likes the bath, it's relaxing to him.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do every other night. In the very beginning we did every 3 days. He just really started getting messy with his bottles so it wasn't necessary to do more than 3 days. I do it every other day now because he keeps getting diaper rash. The bath tends to help clear it up a bit. I would do it every day because he's just so funny and loves it, but I don't have time every night:)

• Every night since her cord fell off. She loves it and it's part of our night time routine

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Every other night.
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • my LO is 10 wks and we are still bathing every other day... he doesn't spit up much and I dont wnt to dry his skin...
  • Every 2-3 days
  • 2-3 times a week. That's what my pedi recommended and that's what we're sticking with until he gets messier.
  • We have been doing the bath thing every other day, unless we have some kind of diaper explosion!
  • Twice a week. I use Mustela Physiobebe to freshen her face and butt between baths.
  • DS gets a bath every night. We've made it part of our nightly routine and he loves them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every other day.
  • Twice a week. I use Mustela Physiobebe to freshen her face and butt between baths.
    I've never heard of that, I'll have to try it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do it every night before her last feed before bedtime. Seems to relax her and prepare her for bed.
  • 1-2 times a week for my six month old. When she still had her umbilical cord stump, i didnt bathe her at all.
  • Every other day for my 4month old.
  • 1-2 times /week. I give my 6 month old son abbreviated sponge baths between full baths. Of course genitals are washed with wipes and/ or washcloths daily.
  • I do about every three days, unless he gets too much spit up action in his neck, or gets smelly (which is pretty rare, I just use a wipe for minor stuff.). I don't wanna dry out his skin or anything.

Anniversary

image image image image
  • We bathe every day except when visiting grandma 2x per week. It's becoming part of our nightly routine, and I use Burt's bees lotion afterwards to prevent drying out skin. He really loves the tub and the warmth of the water.
  • 2-3 days, but LO is only 1 week old.

• Our little likes to shower with daddy every other day. It really calms him. We only use soap every other shower or bath though to prevent skin dry out.
  • I try every 2-3 days. For those giving a daily bath- do you always wash the hair? My LO has a crap ton of hair and while I'd like to bathe her daily, I'm not sure I'd want to wash her hair that much.
  • I've started doing it nearly every evening as part of his nighttime routine mainly because he was getting colic and the midwife said it can help soothe it. I'd say it definitely helps him get to sleep as he loves the bath and uses so much energy kicking around, I've noticed the nights I haven't bathed him he is less settled in the night.

@Ivorytower2‌ mine doesn't have a great deal of hair but I try not to wash it with baby shampoo every time, however it always gets wet and the water is soapy so it kind of gets washed in the process!
  • Every night. DS spits up a lot through out the day and by the end of it, he stinks! Also, weve included bath time as part of his bedtime routine. Bath, reading a story, bottle and then bed.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Every day...she loves it.  I use very little soap...and lots of lotion!
  • 1-2x a week since DD acts like baths are torture. She gets an extra hair-only wash in the sink now and then if her hair gets spit up or cradle cap is acting up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"