Dads & Dads-to-be

Date Night Ideas.....

Lets throw out some date night ideas and let the ladies know we care about them!!  Through all of these changes in life, one thing should be consistent.  You MUST make time to be with your DW/SO.  "Couch time", "Table talk", whatever you'd like to call it, is crucial to staying connected with your partner!  If you don't have this time now, then I suggest you make the time!  Even as little as 30 min a day...just make some time for her.  Trust me, it will pay dividends!!

My idea is to steal ideas from you guys, so make them good!!  :)

Here are some talking points, in no particular order and don't feel like you have to answer each one. 

1. What makes a great date for you?  For your wife?

2. What are some of the places you have taken your DW/SO on a date?

3. Best date

4. Worst date

5. Would your wife agree with your choice of 3 and 4?

6. Craziest date location

7. Least expensive date

8. Most expensive date

9. Date idea that you have "planned" but not taken

10. Anything random related to dating your DW/SO

Re: Date Night Ideas.....

• Fun idea

1. Probably just being together. We haven't gone on too many dates, but the one I liked the best was too the comedy club. It's fun to laugh together.

2. I feel like you're looking for something creative here. We eat out, but usually take the kid(s). We went to a movie one time. The comedy club. Most of our activities center around our kids so nothing that creative right now. I think we do talk a lot though.

3. Comedy club

4. Ehhh, N/A

5. Sure

6. We went sledding once when we first met.

7. sledding

8. Took her to a fancy restaurant that spins over the city. They're sadly closed now.

9. Our dating days are over for a while with the twins

10. I think mini-vacations should not be forgotten. We've gone on some of those and they're always fun.

• I like the posts!  I hope others jump in and keep posting!  "Lurkers" are always welcome!!!

1. What makes a great date for you?  As much of a cop-out as it might sound, anything where I get to spend time with my wife!!  I like the times we can spend talking and not multi-tasking, working or worrying.   She is one of the most interesting, exciting beautiful people I know.  She makes me laugh, infuriates me and is my best friend. 

For your wife? She loves food...she is truly a foodie.  In some ways I feel quite inadequate compared to her knowledge, experience and true appreciation of food.  A tour of "Star" restaurants, food trucks and holes-in-the-wall would be exciting for my DW.  OH it would all take place in Savannah too.  :)

2. What are some of the places you have taken your DW/SO on a date?

Melting Pot...no brainer here.  Valentine's Day at the Zoo (it was about mating, and dinner was good too).  iFly - Sky diving experience.  Multiple restaurants.  Baseball game.  Comedy club.  WE LOVE TO LAUGH!!

3. Best date

Can I say my honeymoon?  Vegas for the restaurants and shows!  Locally I think one of our best dates was playing hooky and going to a Spring Training game. 

4. Worst date.  Thankfully I can't recall, but I'd be willing to be it was at a restaurant where I was an A (before or after we got there) and then we had a fight.  :(

5. Would your wife agree with your choice of 3 and 4?  I would think so, but she also has a better memory than I do.  :)

6. Craziest date location

Probably the iFly skydiving.  She was afraid I'd be too scared as I have vertigo, BUT it was inside so I was GREAT!!  My vertigo is weird.  I get it when I am up high and look up.  Dumb.

7. Least expensive date

Movie night with Pub-subs.

8. Most expensive date

Joel Rubicon's in Vegas.  The ONLY time I have been in a restaurant and she had a menu w/o prices and I had the one with prices.  BUT we planned for it and bought exactly what we wanted.  It was amazing!!!!

9. Date idea that you have "planned" but not taken. 

Babymoon....Bread and Breakfast (right?  Or is it Bed ad Breakfast..ehehe).  There is a little antique town north of us and I was trying to get us a weekend there, but it just didn't work out.  We've always wanted to stay at a BnB.

10. Anything random related to dating your DW/SO

Its really a lot of fun wanting to date your wife.  It makes me sad when people say "old lady" or "ball and chain".  If its not fun, make it fun!  Laugh and have a good with her, cuz she is AMAZING!!  And now she is growing a human!!  :D

• Loading the player...
  • We did a bed and breakfast for our babymoon too! One of the best things we've done for ourselves.
  • 1. What makes a great date for you?  For your wife?  For my wife and I, we just like to have alone time with each other.

2. What are some of the places you have taken your DW/SO on a date?  Movies, dinner, dinner theater when we had one opened.  Various musical outings.

3. Best date(s) Going to the local musical theater together especially for Valentine's Day.

4. Worst date Double date with her parents to see some 80's rock bands.  The drunk idiots were too much for our lawn seats.

5. Would your wife agree with your choice of 3 and 4? Not sure about the worst date one, but we both miss the dinner theater.

6. Craziest date location Going to the Mansfield Pen for haunted halloween

7. Least expensive date Going hiking, outdoors.

8. Most expensive date When doing long distance, going to see each other.  Forgot having now wife fly to Germany for a weekend date while I was on assignment in Germany.

9. Date idea that you have "planned" but not taken None that I know.

10. Anything random related to dating your DW/SO  Our goal is to try and communicate each day even if it is only for a few minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"