Cloth Diapering

fruit suggestions for BLW please

I need fruit suggestions for DD#3.  She has gnawed on big slices of apples (not biting it, mostly just gumming and scraping her bottom 2 teeth).  She does not like bananas.  She doesn't like to be spoon fed (hence the BLW) so that eliminates pureed fruit.  Should I try giving her pureed fruit and letting her spoon feed herself?  I have tried canned peaches cut up but she has a hard time picking them up.  I am new to this so I would appreciate input.

Re: fruit suggestions for BLW please

• Blueberries (just squish them a little to reduce choking hazard), strawberries, fresh peaches, pear, melon.....I would just start trying whatever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Avocado? I don't think that's a fruit though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am prob. overcomplicating things.  Good strawberries will be hard to find this time of year.  But I can try some of the other suggestions.  Thanks.  
  • Slices of peaches or pears with the skin on. That helps DD hold onto it. I just watch her to take the skin away from her (bc she doesn't eat it.) cantelope and watermelon were easy for her to hold onto and eat too.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Avocado is a fruit.

And a nice ripe pear is good raw, too. Pears are relatively hypoallergenic and not as acidic as some other fruits, so they are a nice place to start.
  • Pears and nectarines here.

I've also taken to getting the fruit cups.  They come in nice portions.

apricots are tasty too.
  • Banana as well.  I just break off a good sized chunk and hand it to him.

He usually gums it from all angles.
  • Pineapple and mango.  The mango you can cut into zig zag shaped strips to help LO grip it.  Honestly though, E ate everything.  Papapa would be good too, it's not as slippery as mango.  Oh, E loved those little mandarin oranges that come in a fruit cup.  She loves all berries.  Figs are good too.  They are soft and sweet and not too slippery.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Frozen berries and fruit are great too if you can't find any fresh this time of year. I just thaw some out and let her go to town.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"