Options

Tuesday Talk...

Any random thoughts can go here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tuesday Talk...

• Options
    I got lowlights put in last night. I only had a partial done and then she did a blow out, and it looked awesome. I didn't wash it this morning, and now that I'm at work, it looks REALLY gross. I can't wait to go home and wash it tonight. :|

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @loislayn WOW hungry boy! That's crazy. Glad he slept well after that!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mhanson18 said:
    I got lowlights put in last night. I only had a partial done and then she did a blow out, and it looked awesome. I didn't wash it this morning, and now that I'm at work, it looks REALLY gross. I can't wait to go home and wash it tonight. :|
    I always feel like this is the case after i have my hair cut / blown out the night before.  And I shower at night because i have such thick hair.  I think they just use so much product.   

If its really bothering you, could you pop out at lunch and grab some dry shampoo to freshen it up or even use baby powder?

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    loislayn said:
    The boy was a wretched a-hole last night. Finally I just give him a bottle, he guzzled it, kept crying, so I gave him another one. He clusterguzzled 10 ounces in under an hour, passed out at 9pm, and woke up at 7.
    I think we have a growth spurt going on over here too.  Ben was sleeping pretty consistently 7-3ish without waking for a bottle.  The past 2 nights he's been up at midnight, 1:30, 4, and basically restless until it's time to go to daycare. Fuck I am tired.

• Options
    kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited October 2014
    loislayn said:
    The boy was a wretched a-hole last night. Finally I just give him a bottle, he guzzled it, kept crying, so I gave him another one. He clusterguzzled 10 ounces in under an hour, passed out at 9pm, and woke up at 7.
    Ugh, sorry he was such a crank!  Hopefully you at least got some restful sleep in there.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Someone else decorate the new house for me.

I'm too overwhelmed to even pick out curtains at this point.

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    @linzeek44‌ is magic. When Anthony starts getting upset, we talk about blowing up like a balloon and blowing out a candle, and it calms both of us down. I'm so super grateful! 
    I love this technique!  We've been using it with our older kid for awhile.  We use smell the flower, blow out the candle.  If you find that it continues to work, we took it one step further and made paper flower and paper candle that we use.  Brody thinks it's more fun to actually pretend to blow out a candle when he has something visual.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    BPer said:

I'm already contemplating hiring a decorator for our new house - it's not my strength and I get overwhelmed by it really easily.  At least having someone else to bounce ideas off of will be helpful for me.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

I'm already contemplating hiring a decorator for our new house - it's not my strength and I get overwhelmed by it really easily.  At least having someone else to bounce ideas off of will be helpful for me.
    My SIL used to be a decorator for Ethan Allen, so I feel like the bar is set really high.  And I literally just don't want to think about one more thing.

• Options
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

My SIL used to be a decorator for Ethan Allen, so I feel like the bar is set really high.  And I literally just don't want to think about one more thing.
    We have been in our house for a little over 2 years and i have done very little, you can call me the ultimate decorator slacker!! 

DH is against painting any room on the second floor "no one sees it but us" he says.  so only DS's was painted.   and we haven't done anything since before DS was born!  I feel like i should be motivated but i am not.  I have you tried looking at pintrest for ideas.  I feel like once i find a color, i can pull things together.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I just want to say that Tuesday is the second Monday of the week. UGH!!!

imageimage 

• Options

I'm tired today. I can't complain because some of you lovely ladies have NB's but I'm just tired. It's rainy, windy and cold. Nothing about this weather makes me want to be productive.

I have a million things coming in the mail this week. DH knows nothing about most of them. :)

• Options
    smb+jab said:
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

We have been in our house for a little over 2 years and i have done very little, you can call me the ultimate decorator slacker!! 

DH is against painting any room on the second floor "no one sees it but us" he says.  so only DS's was painted.   and we haven't done anything since before DS was born!  I feel like i should be motivated but i am not.  I have you tried looking at pintrest for ideas.  I feel like once i find a color, i can pull things together.
    We painted the whole house on Sunday with the help of 8 of my ILs.  I had to choose colors based on pictures, without actually seeing them on our walls because of the time crunch.  I think we went too dark in DD's room, which is giving me anxiety.

FIL clearly did not like the choice for our master, he kept saying things like "Well the good thing about paint is that you can always paint over it." STFU, man.

• Options
    I just bit the bullet and decided I'll be Minnie Mouse and ordered a shirt and ears since DS will be Mickey. He better enjoy Halloween. I do not like dressing up for Halloween.

imageimage 

• Options
    Kissty said:
    I just bit the bullet and decided I'll be Minnie Mouse and ordered a shirt and ears since DS will be Mickey. He better enjoy Halloween. I do not like dressing up for Halloween.
    We weren't going to do anything, because we aren't big Halloween people.  Then DH found out that he was off work for both Halloween and the day before when there is a big trick or treat event downtown.  So, now we are going to go.  I think we are going to go the "easy" route and Luci is going to be a K-State Cheerleader.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Kissty said:
    We weren't going to do anything, because we aren't big Halloween people.  Then DH found out that he was off work for both Halloween and the day before when there is a big trick or treat event downtown.  So, now we are going to go.  I think we are going to go the "easy" route and Luci is going to be a K-State Cheerleader.
    DH is a big party pooper. He didn't want to go trick or treating or dress DS up or anything. He keeps saying "He won't remeber it". Probaly not, but I will damn it! He said the same thing about the Easter Bunny, which Toby loved, and we ARE going to see Santa this year. It was just me and DS for the bunny, I'm sure it'll just be us for TOT and if he wants to get on board fine, but I am going to give this child the best childhood I can with him or without him.

imageimage 

• Options
    BPer said:

Curtains are the worst I have decided. I want to move the curtains in my family room to James' room and get new ones for downstairs. But I cannot find any I like, except the silk S&L curtains that are $228 a panel and DH is not on board with $1000 for one room of curtains. It is a grueling challenge. But anything else, I will gladly shop for you.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    BPer said:

Curtains are the worst I have decided. I want to move the curtains in my family room to James' room and get new ones for downstairs. But I cannot find any I like, except the silk S&L curtains that are $228 a panel and DH is not on board with $1000 for one room of curtains. It is a grueling challenge. But anything else, I will gladly shop for you.
    I agree. Curtains can make or break a room. I have been able to find cheap curtains at Big Lots of all places. I bought several faux seude curtains for $10 a panel. They look great. Just gotta get lucky when they have them.

imageimage 

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    shiggybop said:
    @linzeek44‌ is magic. When Anthony starts getting upset, we talk about blowing up like a balloon and blowing out a candle, and it calms both of us down. I'm so super grateful! 
    I love this technique!  We've been using it with our older kid for awhile.  We use smell the flower, blow out the candle.  If you find that it continues to work, we took it one step further and made paper flower and paper candle that we use.  Brody thinks it's more fun to actually pretend to blow out a candle when he has something visual.  
    @shiggybop I'm glad that was helpful! :)

We have used flowers and candles or flowers and pinwheel props too. I make them for most of my classrooms by just attaching a fake flower from dollar tree to a pinwheel. 

• Options
    I love World Market for curtains! They have unique options. Or I know @danabsd has linked some place that had some great options.

• Options
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

LOL, my SIL, too!  FWIW I don't even really like how their house is decorated, so don't auto-compare :)   I'd trust your instincts on what you like, but don't feel pressured to do everything at once.  I think the best looking houses kind of evolve over time.  They're layered and homey and real.
  • Options
    Kissty said:
    hmp1 said:
    BPer said:

I agree. Curtains can make or break a room. I have been able to find cheap curtains at Big Lots of all places. I bought several faux seude curtains for $10 a panel. They look great. Just gotta get lucky when they have them.
    And curtains are so easy to sew (sew easy! Ha!) that I have a hard time justifying buying them at such a crazy markup over fabric yardage.  But then I never actually get around to sewing them.  
  • Options
    BPer said:
    smb+jab said:
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

We painted the whole house on Sunday with the help of 8 of my ILs.  I had to choose colors based on pictures, without actually seeing them on our walls because of the time crunch.  I think we went too dark in DD's room, which is giving me anxiety.

FIL clearly did not like the choice for our master, he kept saying things like "Well the good thing about paint is that you can always paint over it." STFU, man.

My IL's helped paint our house when we bought it 4 years ago and I'm STILL trying to fix some of the places that they messed up. Hopefully yours didn't come out that bad! I'm so excited to see pics of your house! I bet it will look awesome!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    BPer said:
    smb+jab said:
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

My IL's helped paint our house when we bought it 4 years ago and I'm STILL trying to fix some of the places that they messed up. Hopefully yours didn't come out that bad! I'm so excited to see pics of your house! I bet it will look awesome!
    I don't let anyone else paint my house. I am a 'professional' as in I got paid to paint a lot of houses one summer in college. But I have a good eye for errors and that is the first thing I notice when I look at a painted wall. We had our master bath redone last spring and every day when I walk in there all I see are the paint flaws. Maybe I will repaint it when I am nearing the end of my STD and feeling better...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    DH painted the nursery while I was pregnant and he painted the front bedroom while I was pregnant too.  All I see are the marks on the ceiling and the base boards etc.  It makes me sad, but he did the best he could with what he has.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I had some pretty good luck finding curtains at JC Penny's and when they had sales the prices didn't break the bank.  Our new home had nine foot ceilings which is one of things i love about it b/c it makes DH look like a normal sized person but it required all extended length curtains.  

if you still have store near you, you can order in store for free shipping.

my read shelf:

• Options
    BPer said:
    smb+jab said:
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

I don't let anyone else paint my house. I am a 'professional' as in I got paid to paint a lot of houses one summer in college. But I have a good eye for errors and that is the first thing I notice when I look at a painted wall. We had our master bath redone last spring and every day when I walk in there all I see are the paint flaws. Maybe I will repaint it when I am nearing the end of my STD and feeling better...
    I am very particular too. I let DH do most of the painting because he is good at it and more particular than I am. I painted a desk yesterday and he stood over me telling me what all I was doing wrong.

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    BPer said:

Okay @hmp1, I am going to take you up on this how about bedding?

Our bedroom is this color...Perfect Greige by Sherwin Williams.  Floors are on the darker side, but not espresso-dark hardwood.

• Options
    Eastie156Eastie156 member
    edited October 2014

Last day of work before I'm out on maternity leave. I'm feeling guilty because I'm a little worried about how much time I'll be spending with DS. Shouldn't I be excited? I'm worried I'm not going to be able to handle it... ::Flame away::

Also I'm oddly worried about Ebola, which is stupid. There's been one unconfirmed case at my delivery hospital and I'm irrationally worrying.

EDIT: for how many times I wrote worry in one post.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited October 2014
    @eastie156 it is making me really nervous too. It is way too close for comfort. (Ebola)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    BPer said:
    smb+jab said:
    BPer said:
    kelbel527 said:
    BPer said:

We aren't painting our new house. The contractor painted it a creamy light yellow and we decided for at least the time being, we aren't sinking any $ into painting. It's super expensive to have painters come in and we didn't budget for it. We also have no painting skills or the initiative to do it ourselves.

• Options
    @eastie156 it is making me really nervous too. It is way too close for comfort. (Ebola)
    The *potential* case was discovered at Harvard Vanguard Medical, which is where I receive prenatal care, although I go to another location that's close to that location. The hospital is Beth Israel and it's making me a little nutty thinking about it.. I'm sure it's fine but I'm worried.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"