Two Under 2
Options

Strollers

bes12bes12 member
edited October 2014 in Two Under 2
I'm torn between a tandem or side by side stroller. I am considering the Kolcraft contours, britax b ready, and the equivalent baby jogger (can't remember the name) for tandem. For side by side it would be the britax b agile or baby jogger city mini gt (I have this in te single). Any other info/suggestions you can give me would be great. My kiddos will be approximately 22 months apart, if this matters. I will be purchasing either the britax b safe or Chicco keyfit for the new baby.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Strollers 76 votes

Tandem
44% 34 votes
Side by side
27% 21 votes
SS
27% 21 votes

Re: Strollers

• Options
    I voted SS because I have 2 tandem and 1 side by side. I use all of them for different things.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I should have voted ss. I have a side by side and tandem. Both work great for different things. Double for walking trails, mall, zoo, etc. Except DS1 might be more interested in the sit n stand next summer at zoos and the like. Tandem for just walking around out farm site so DS1 can get off and walk/play when he wants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted ss because I haven't yet picked up my double. And we're torn. I want the tandem City Select (the baby jogger tandem), and DH wants the BOB side by side. Boo. He'll win this debate. :/
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Mine are 21 mos apart. We got one of each. In 6 mos, I've had both kids in the stroller maybe 3 times. We have a sit n stand, which is good for the park but totally impractical for a trip to the mall. We have a City Mini GT double, which I love. The older kiddo has no interest in riding in it. More often than not, I'm either pushing the baby alone in the stroller while DD walks or rides on my back in the Ergo or pushing an empty stroller while wearing the baby in the Ergo and holding DD's hand or watching DH carry DD.
  • Options
    laurenlalaplaurenlalap member
    edited November 2014
    SS - we have both.

We have an Uppababy vista and will be getting the rumble seat when LO arrives. 

We also bought the City Mini GT double. 

I figure there's times when the tandem will come in handy (shopping, doctors appts etc.), and times when the side-by-side will come in handy (nature walks, parades etc.)
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Options
    SS - we have both.

We have an Uppababy vista and will be getting the rumble seat when LO arrives. 

We also bought the City Mini GT double. 

I figure there's times when the tandem will come in handy (shopping, doctors appts etc.), and times when the side-by-side will come in handy (nature walks, parades etc.)
    This for sure!  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    My children are 20 months apart.  We use our stroller for walks to the library, drugstore, post office, etc. in an old neighborhood with bumpy streets.  We go on nature hikes away from home so we needed a stroller that can be transported in the car and will work on hiking trails.  We see a lot of doctors, so it must be able to fit in hallways and elevators.  My children are tall and have long torsos so we needed something they can fit into.  My toddler loves riding and my baby is huge so I wasn't counting on much babywearing or toddler walking.  I wanted the City Mini GT, but I missed the sales and couldn't bear to pay the high price.  Instead I got a used Phil and Teds Classic.  Even new it is not too expensive.  Within one day, I was glad I did not have a side by side, because I needed to go down the narrow aisles at the library and sidewalks with propane tanks blocking one side them outside the store.  It folds up nicely for the car whereas I could not borrow my friend's Graco because it would not fit in my Prius.  My toddler is slightly tall for the second seat, but she still rides in it comfortably.  It has a couple fun configurations to use when you have a small baby.  Overall, it has been a good decision.
  • Options
    smits26smits26 member
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    I have a related question. We were planning to get the Britax B-Agile double, but then I saw the Joovy Ultralight Too (https://www.joovy.com/p-505-caboose-too-ultralight-stand-on-tandem-stroller.aspx) and thought this might work better in the long run, since we can add a second seat until DD is ready to use the sit and stand option. I thought we'd get a double jogger down the road for longer walks. I'm really torn, though - we have the b-agile single and really like it. Any thoughts?

• Options
    I love our Britax B-Agile double. We've used it at the zoo, aquarium, mall, paved hiking trails, gravel, and the grass on our farm site.

• Options
    I got the City Select tandem and it worked great for two, and now three as I got the glider board for my daughter to ride in if she's tired of walking. I've heard people say it is not good for uneven outdoor pathways, but I have never used it for that. Mine is for mall and paved walks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"