Cloth Diapering

Video Monitor

Need some help here.

We're looking at getting a video monitor for the extra bedroom and possibly our bedroom (C sleeps in a pack n play in there).

Anyone have a recommendation?

I was thinking about getting this one, but now Amazon doesn't have it in stock.

Also, I'm hoping to keep it under $200.

Re: Video Monitor

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    edited October 2014
    We have the Motorola MBP 33 one. Looks like it would be over 200 for 2 cameras though.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • edited October 2014
    BabiesRUs is having a Colombus day sale and has this monitor 50% off. It's a Motorola which seems to be a decent company. I think we're going to try it out.

https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=/product/index.jsp?productId=34131496&prodFindSrc=search&cp=&domain=http://www.toysrus.com
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • ovenrack said:
    I only finally got a video monitor a couple weeks ago. I decided to go for a non-baby camera... technically a security camera, the brand is foscam. It works off my wireless network and uses an app on my iPhone (there's an app for android too). Since I usually have my phone with me, I didn't want another screen to look at.  

I like it.  

Edit: and it was $65. If you have enough computer knowledge to set it up, and a smartphone, it's cheap. 

Edit: and you can put two cameras in the same app, so that would work for two bedrooms. 

Exactly what we did too. Foscam camera and an app on my devices. Easy to set up. I moved away from a monitor to this and don't regret it

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• We have the Foscam and I can't find an app that will work properly on Android. What do you use?!

My huge problem with it is my phone screen has to be on the whole time to use it. And the sound doesn't work reliably. I wish it would allow me to turn the screen off and still hear baby. How hard is that?!
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I've had two different Motorola cameras and really liked them both except that the power connection on the monitor part would loosen up and eventually made no connection, thus no power. I just got a summer and like it much better than the motorola. It is much cheeper, larger screen, and you can adjust sound, volume, zoom, all with separate buttons, instead of going thru the menu. Which was a major pain in the middle of the night. The screen on/off is also one big button on top right in the middle. So it's as easy to access as the snooze button on the alarm clock.
  • We have a dLink monitor. Similar to foscam in that outs a security camera that works over the wireless network and we have an app on our Android phones. We can also go to dlink.com and access from the laptop.

We have the DCS-5010L model for R's room and DCS-932L for A. We can access both from the app. I prefer the 5010L. Amazon has it for $75
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have the motorola which I really like so far (only 4 months of use). Buy Buy Baby has 20% off coupons that you can use on any monitor so that would help with the price.

The Apple store also has a few options that are less expensive and work on an app on your phone and look really nice. I just wanted to go a different route with a separate monitor from my phone in case we have a babysitter without that capability, etc.
  • redrockmamaredrockmama member
    edited October 2014
    rugbymama said:

We have a dLink monitor. Similar to foscam in that outs a security camera that works over the wireless network and we have an app on our Android phones. We can also go to dlink.com and access from the laptop.

We have the DCS-5010L model for R's room and DCS-932L for A. We can access both from the app. I prefer the 5010L. Amazon has it for $75

We used these for our nanny cams and possibly want to sell them if you're interested. I'm not sure on the model numbers, but they have 2 way audio which is fun.

ETA: too tired to type correctly

• I'm looking at an Amazon purchase because I have a huge credit right now.  So technically I'll get the monitors for free.

I get gift cards from our credit card and since we're paying for my husband's MBA program I've got a card coming every other month.

• I like our Motorola system. I think ours is the same one TJ listed. The only problem I've had is finding a second camera for it. Amazon was out of stock when we needed it so he got a camera off eBay. The nice thing about the Motorola is that it is encrypted so weirdos can't hack in and see (or talk to) your baby. The down side is that the monitor battery only lasts about 3 hours with the screen off now. It's two years old, so it may be getting time for a new battery.

• We have the Infant Optics one from Amazon. We have two cameras but you have to manually switch between all four possible camera positions in order to switch between the two. It also doesn't have zoom or anything and after about 2 1/2 years mine will not stay on unless it is plugged in. The sound kicks on at a certain level, but the screen stays on all the time. I will be looking into a different one when this next baby is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"