Cloth Diapering

So much urine

DS is going on 21 months and over the last month, his overnight urine load has become insane.  I use Kawaii heavy duty overnights with the 2 MF inserts, and up until lately he's done fine with those.  I've tried stripping the diapers, but that did nothing.  Plus, he did the same thing in an overnight sposie at my parents' house, so I think the real issue is the amount of pee, not so much the tool to catch it. His after 6 PM liquid in take hasn't increased at all, so I don't think I need to be taking away his milk at dinner time.  There is just so much pee, and I'm wondering if anyone has tips or tricks for handling this.  He's been STTN since 3 months, so it's not like it's upsetting him or the amount of sleep he's getting.  I'm just sick of changing sheets and giving him a quick rinse in the shower ever morning.  TIA!
Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!

Re: So much urine

• @theultimatesak do you recommend one (hemp or bamboo) over the other?

@AFwifelife I'm thinking I need to go to a fitted with a wool cover.  That's what we intended to start DS out on as a newborn, but he was so big at birth that he went pretty much right into one sizes once the sticky newborn poop was done.  

Off to dig out my wool cover pattern.

Thank you!
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Yeah, 2 MF hasn't been enough to last all night for my kid since ...ever.
    As soon as we stopped changing during the night we needed something else.
    Try a natural fiber insert, hemp, bamboo, even a cotton prefold. A fitted or a prefold + doublers is probably your best bet. Pockets just aren't bulletproof enough for most people at night.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Sbish fitted plus nikki's cover. 
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Any fitteds you ladies prefer more than another? I know Sbish is popular...any others?

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • I'll be honest I buy anything cute.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the dimple diaper more than the S'bish.  I want to try a twinkie tush to see how they compare. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"