Working Moms

WAHM Hiring a full time nanny

Anyone work from home with a full time nanny? I start working again Dec 15 and want to hire someone to help out for the first year or so - I don't really know where or when to start!

Re: WAHM Hiring a full time nanny

• I do. I posted on Kijiji. I want someone who had graduated with an early childhood education degree, had experience with multiple, had their first aid. I did a pre-phone screen of all candidate and made it clear I was a WAHM. The second interview was at our place with the kids. Good-luck
  • We had luck on care.com.  That's how we found our current nanny, and she's wonderful.  Lots of early childhood experience (ran her own nayec accredited daycare for 10 years before moving to our area), extremely responsible and reliable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone - I'm wondering if I can find someone in advance who will come help out once or twice a week so we can get used to each other before she starts full time. I will start looking at these sites.
  • litzo27litzo27 member
    edited October 2014
    I worked on my dissertation at home for 2 years and had a full time nanny with DS1. With DS2 I worked at home for the first 6 months and had a full time nanny. Like PP said care.com is great - also word of mouth. Ask around at work or neighbors if they know of anyone who knows of anyone good looking for a position. If you belong to a church/synagogue that's another place to start.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is our setup, our nanny has been with us for 2.5 years, since E was 3 months.  We live 30-40 min outside a large city, but in the suburbs.  We didn't have luck getting quality candidates on care.com, so we ended up going with a nanny agency.  They were amazing - wrote our job description, pre-screened candidates and sent us only qualified applicants.  We did have to pay them a fee, but it was worth it.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a WAHM and have a nanny. Been in this set up for 6 years now. Both our current and prior nanny were found on care.com. I live in a large suburb of Dallas, so didn't have issues finding candidates. For us, it's worked well, although for some nanny's it's a learning curve to have your employer there. You have to be very disciplined about letting the nanny do her thing and not running in to "save the day". Otherwise your little one will learn just to come to you. My kids are almost 9, 6 and almost 3, and they know when mommy's office is closed, the nanny is in charge.
  • Have you considered hosting an au pair? It's live-in childcare, but could be a good option to look into. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks everyone, I have not looked into an au pair, mostly because we don't really have a guest room at the moment. I contacted someone on sittercity.com and am going to meet with her. I've never interviewed anyone - any tips on what I should ask her??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"