December 2014 Moms
Options

Stm Questions

has anyone had dramatically different pregnancies? Like loved the last and feel horrible this one? What are some symptoms that appeared the second time around and not the first, vice versa.

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    leosmom25 said:

has anyone had dramatically different pregnancies? Like loved the last and feel horrible this one? What are some symptoms that appeared the second time around and not the first, vice versa.

Mine have been similar up until the third trimester. I did not experience heartburn with my first and this time around I can't drink water without getting it. I also didn't have sciatica with my first but this time it has been debilitating. I haven't loved either pregnancy to be honest, some women love being pregnant but I'm not one of them.

• Options
    I'm a little lost on posting question/ discussions, not a technology person when it comes to forums . But my second pregnancy has been horrible compared to my first. It's always some kind of pain. I keep getting sinus infections, as well. I also have that pubic symphysis pain and nausea again. It does feel debilitating and frustrating to the point I just want to lay in bed and cry.
  • Options
    I'm a little lost on posting question/ discussions, not a technology person when it comes to forums . But my second pregnancy has been horrible compared to my first. It's always some kind of pain. I keep getting sinus infections, as well. I also have that pubic symphysis pain and nausea again. It does feel debilitating and frustrating to the point I just want to lay in bed and cry.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lmfao my phone just like froze and then it posted the same thing over and over. How embarrassing. And I can't delete it !
  • Options
    My first pregnancy was fairly easy until the third tri. I had nerve issues and sciatica to the point that I couldn't walk without assistance. The baby was also crammed so tightly under my ribs that part of my lung collapsed.

My second pregnancy was a breeze. I had some normal aches and pains but nothing unusual.

This time around, I have SPD and sciatica. It is pretty painful and it makes chasing my other two kiddos nearly impossible. I have a feeling the last two months of this pregnancy are not going to be fun.
  • Options
    Mine have been night and day although both are girls. While I recognize symptoms quicker this time and get tired faster, this pregnancy has been far easier. I was high risk for a few reasons last time. This time easy breezy as far as health is concerned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    All three pregnancies have been pretty different. My first was pretty rough between morning sickness, gallbladder problems, and PTL. I actually enjoyed my second pregnancy. Morning sickness, RLP, horrible sciatica, migraines, GD, as well as crazy hormones and stress has made this pregnancy the hardest yet.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    my first pregnancy was super easy. I felt great the entire time. #2 and #3 were more similar to each other.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine have been very different. My first pregnancy was easy. Then I had a miscarriage. This pregnancy has been so anxiety-ridden, and kind of miserable for the first 20 weeks for sure. Now my anxiety has decreased but I have non-stop heartburn and tons of pain in my hips.

• Options

Mine are drastically different. I hated, HATED being pregnant the first time. I threw up multiple times a day until the day I had her, my body swelled all over with nothing but extreme water retention and just overall uncomfortable the whole time. I always said I would pick labor over being pregnant any day. One of the reasons we waited 3 years was because I was not mentally ready to do it again.

This pregnancy I love! I feel great and can totally understand why women say they miss being pregnant.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My pregnancy with dd was vastly different to this one (a boy). With dd I had a lot of back pain, carpal tunnel, post nasal drip so I constantly coughed for 9 months, was incredibly swollen, but overall felt ok.

This pregnancy I feel terrible, my skin is a mess, my hips kill me. I have been having a much more difficult time this time around. I keep saying to dh that I'm happy I had DD's pregnancy when I was working.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    With my first 2 I had horrible SPD. My babies felt so low. This one is high. No SPD. But I can't breathe. I have horrible eczema. I have varicose veins and have to wear compression socks. So different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if this time is so differnt rather then how incredibly AWARE I am about everything going on with my body. With DD I was 19 and kind of just went with the flow. Somewhat nieve in a lot of ways. I had a relatively easy part time job. I had a lot of time to rest. My shifts weren't too long. This was 2004/5 time frame so the Internet was around but we weren't flooded with smart phones and baby apps just yet.
    THIS time, I'm 28, slightly older and my job is a lot more demanding. I can turn to DR Google about everything so I've worried more. I didn't remember being so TIRED with my first. I've always had bad skin but it's been super bad this pregnancy (all over). I've defiantly gained a LOT more weight this time around. Boo.

I do know that I did Not enjoy pregnancy the first time and I'm not really Enjoying it this time either. But I know the pure love and joy at the end of the journey. So I know it is all completely worth it.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine have been almost identical. The only real difference was last time I had major migraines during 2nd tri and this time I just got a few headaches.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are almost identical. Same first tri nausea that went away in the second tri, and feeling good since then. I have had more pregnancy insomnia this time around though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Mine are very different. Of course it has been 10 years, I am older, I work full-time now. I am much more tired and stressed. I hurt more. Overall, both haven't been too bad though- I think age and having an older child to take to afterschool activities and keep up with is what has made this one harder. And I'm carrying her lower which leads to more pressure and upper back pain. I did not throw up much this time though and threw up constantly the first trimester last time so there is that ;).  I just hope labor goes easier this time...
  • Options
    Very different. 3.5 years apart...

- DD#1 was conceived naturally on the first month trying. #2 took 1.5 years, multiple failed fertility treatments, 3 miscarriages, and then when we weren't "trying," surprise!
    - My rheumatoid arthritis went into immediate remission with #1. Have yet to see relief with #2.
    - DD#1 was super lazy in utero, and I always worried about her not moving enough. #2 is having a constant dance party in there.
    - I had pretty bad SPD (pelvic pain!!!!!) with #1. None of that with #2...yet.
    - #1 was breech until 34(?) weeks. #2 is currently transverse. We'll see where she ends up.
    - I'm only 3 years older this time, but feel ancient! The aches, pains, and tiredness are getting to me much more severely and much quicker this time around. That could also be because I'm responsible for a 3.5-year-old, and not just myself. Haha.
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Options
    I was wondering what other mommys had experienced,
    Bc my first pregnancy compared to this is completely different and both pregnancies were/are boys. My first I felt awesome just tired and could sleep all day. This pregnancy I have had every negative ache and pain in the Book and just want the baby out, which gives me extreme guilt to say. I am doing a second 3d tomorrow to remind me why I am feeling this way and lift my spirits. Thanks for everyone's responses I see I am not alone :)
  • Options
    Mine have been basically the same, different only in the details. I had bad all day nausea in the first tri with both, though my first the N&V lasted until ~20 weeks and with the second it was more intense (I ended up in the ER needing fluids and IV pushed zofran) but ended around 14-15 weeks. My heart burn was worse at night with my first and it's worse during the day with this pregnancy. The insomnia is about the same, but I got wise and just take unisom every night instead of 'testing' it without like I did with my first. 

• Options
    Mine have been very different. I loved being pregnant last time. Mild queasiness in the 1st tri, then felt great. Even at the end, I didn't feel huge and uncomfortable.

This time, I was very sick throughout 1st tri. 2nd tri brought the heartburn. I've been in physical therapy for pelvic and back pain. I was convinced it was a boy this time because I felt so different. I was a bit shocked it's another girl.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    Both are boys, but the pregnancies have been a bit different.  With the first, I had major food aversions to chicken and cooked vegetables.  This time around, the aversions have been different things at different times.  I had terrible heartburn the entire time with the first, but it has only just started with this one.  SPD both times - omg it hurts.  And really, everything hurts more this time.  I'm chalking some of that up to scar tissue from my first c-section.  I'm glad this one is so much worse pain-wise, though... it makes the decision to get my tubes tied easier.  ;)

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine have been very different. I had a much harder time with my DD. I puked constantly in the first tri and had a lot of swelling. I also gained more weight. This time I've had symptoms but they seem like a breeze compared to last time. Now that I say that though I'm probably in for it lol.

• Options
    With my first (boy), I was tired all the time! I swear I had morning sickness for the first 6 months! I couldn't eat beef or smell beef because it set me off so quick I would run gagging into the bathroom. I also didn't show a belly until 7 months in and had a very dark looking linea negra. My one craving was probably tacos and rice bowls. With this one(girl), I was only a little sick in the beginning of my pregnancy and I never developed a linea negra. My little girl is much lower and I feel her movements down by my pelvic bone. Ouch! My belly is much bigger I guess because my body remembers from my first but even my doctor said I had a speedy start. I gained 13lbs in my second tri so she might be a bit larger then my first. My cravings with this one, chocolate! Anything and everything with chocolate in it! Brownies, chocolate milk, m&ms, Milky Way bars, icecream, chocolate covered strawberries and more! Also my feet have been swelling since last month. If I'm on my feet for too long I'm in pain and need to sit down. Ugh! The worst! And! I'm definitely more prepared this time. I'm 7 months in and I honestly feel like I'm almost ready. Just a few more things and that's it! Whohooo!
  • Options
    My first pregnacy was super easy. Aside from a bad case of acne, it was pretty perfect. DS was born on his due date.
    This baby has been trying to escape since 27 weeks. I'm sick of contractions, cramping, and bed rest. I also had nausea during first tri with this one but not with DS. But hey, at least I didn't get a pizza face this time!
  • Options
    Mine have been almost identical. Morning sickness all the way through, but I was able to ask for Zofran earlier this time, so I wasn't as miserable first tri and I didn't end up in the ER for fluids this time. I'm more tired this time, but it might be because of my job and my two year old. Heartburn kicked in right about this time with my last, so I'm expecting it to show up soon.

The biggest difference is that we were team green last time and found out this time. I wish we would have waited, though.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"