Breastfeeding

Depression while pumping

I know hormones are a bitch during and after pregnancy, but I am experiancing feelings of depression while I am pumping. Since I pump exclusively now, I am becoming overwhelmed with this. Is it normal or should I be worried?

Re: Depression while pumping

• Wow is that real?
  • Oh wow, I thought I was just imagining it or being hormnal. It's nice to know I'm not going crazy,
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to me too. I was feeling extreme anxiety for 30 secs to a min every time I pumped. I found it matched up with DMER symptoms. 3 months in and it's almost completely subsided.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My experience was the same as PP. I had the most intense and overwhelming anxiety with letdown, but it resolved by maybe 2 or 3 months? It helped me to know that it was something that other people got, too, and I wasn't just crazy and/or not made to BF. We're going strong at 13.5 months now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, I think I had this for the first few days after birth and then it went away. Weird! I thought it was just me....

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • I can't tell you how much better I feel about this. Whenever it happens now, I know it will only last a few minutes and then end. It's great to have answers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"