April 2015 Moms
Options

DH stole my heart again just now...

Warning: sorry for the random silly post...This was just to cute to me not to share..

We let out kitty Oscar out not long ago and my DH and I were just woken by sounds of a cat fight...normally I take care of all problems during sleeping hours (unless it's spiders, his chance to get a deer at the back door or those couple times I kept thinking I herd a bear on our porch after he said he saw one in the woods behind our house) but I'm so proud of him for running to our little mans rescue this morning. I honestly think it was the fastest he's ever gotten out of bed, the door unlocked, and out with a flashlight (and it not be over a fire dept call haha)
I know it's probably silly, but it's the little things like running to aide Oscar in his battle that just makes my heart melt. :x
...to top it off he's now decided that "we're going to train our German shepherd puppy to protect our fearless badass little man!"....his words :)

Re: DH stole my heart again just now...

• Options
    That's cute! Love it when guys get all protective of the family :-)
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • Options
    It's great to know he'll help out in a bind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's very cute!!
  • Options
    Cali2090Cali2090 member
    edited October 2014
    It's the little things
  • Options
    It's the little things :) like when DH checks our whole bedroom for spiders every single night before I go to bed. It's nice to find someone who is a perfect for for you.
  • Options
    Oh one more thing I wanted to mention, I love the idea of the German shepherd protecting your baby. Just be careful because I've heard of instances where the German shepherd gets so protective over baby that it won't even let the parents near the baby.
  • Options

Oh one more thing I wanted to mention, I love the idea of the German shepherd protecting your baby. Just be careful because I've heard of instances where the German shepherd gets so protective over baby that it won't even let the parents near the baby.

True, he's only about 7 weeks, just getting into his training classes, hopefully he'll be protective of DD and the baby when he/she gets here, right now DH thinks he'll get practice with Oscar our cat lol.
    I also love that your DH checks the bathroom at night!
  • Options
    Just imagine how he'll be when your new family member arrives in April!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw German Shepards are amazing dogs. And that's so cute of your husband!
    My brother and sister in law have a German Shepard Black Lab mix and she is the sweetest thing. She only gets protective over my sister in law and 2 year old nephew. They got her when my nephew was less than a year old and she loves the whole family to pieces. I think if you train it well enough you won't have any problems with it being overly protective with the baby or anyone else in the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"