Birth Stories

Did my water break? Birth Story

I went to L&D when I was 39.6 weeks because I thought my water was leaking. I felt wetter than usual. They said when my water breaks I would feel a gush or constant leaking, followed by contractions. So they sent me home and told me it's normal to have extra discharge. On Oct 6th at 40.3 weeks, I went to the bathroom and noticed my underwear had a tiny drop of wetness. It happened about 3 times that day.  I didn't feel anything the rest of the day and assumed it was pee and changed my underwear. The next day Oct 7th I had to change my underwear 3 times. I just thought I wasn't making it to the bathroom quick enough. It was very little leakage and It wasn't a constant pee sensation like L&D described. It didn't even fill a liner.

I felt like something wasn't right so I went to L&D to get checked around 1pm on Oct7th. I was 2cm and 50%effaced. Once again based on the amount of discharge they didn't believe my water broke. They did send it to get tested this time. They did an ultrasound and said I had plenty of fluid around baby. We decided to go home and wait on the test results. They called with the results around 5pm. They said I was leaking amniotic fluid and I needed to come in to be induced.

I got to L&D around 7pm. They gave me Cytotec to induce labor. I started having  strong contractions about 30 mins later. I got an epidural at 11pm. I was 3/4 cm. It didn't hurt compared to the contractions. I went to sleep and woke up around 5am because I didn't want to miss the blood moon lol. I couldn't get comfortable because I couldn't feel my legs and my back was hurting. I was 6/7 cm around that time. She said she didn't know where the leak was coming from because my bag was bulging. She ended up breaking my water. Then around 9am I was 8cm. L&D was so busy and babies were coming at the same time. 10:45 a.m I felt pressure and the urge to push. I had to wait because my MW was next door delivering a baby. She came in at 11:45 a.m  to check me. I was 10cm and +2. He was born at 11:57a.m.

TL;DR  Trust your instincts and go get checked if you think something is wrong. I didn't have the typical water breakage. Jace was born on Oct 8th at 11:57a.m. He was 7lbs 1oz and 19" long.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers                         

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Did my water break? Birth Story

• Congratulations Mama!! Great story!
  • Congrats! Love the name, both Jace & Austin are on our short list! 

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!! - Born 10/26/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin