1st Trimester
Options

Getting pregnant after depo?

I did one round of the depo shot and we have now decided to start TTC. My shot should have worn off almost two weeks ago now but still no AF.

What is your experience with getting pregnant after depo, or even just getting back on your periods?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Getting pregnant after depo?

• Options
    jennilarkspurjennilarkspur member
    edited October 2014
    (My Experience)

It can take a while for hormones to adjust and cycle to return.  My last depo shot was in the beginning of January.  I got a period in June.  Started trying in July.  Now, I am 8w6d.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I was on the depo for 7 years.....bad yes! But it took me about 6 months to a year to get my body back to periods and then they were crazy bad for about 5 months. After that I was blessed to only having a 3-4 day period that was medium to light. Then I was off of the depo for 4 years before we started to try and it took us 5 months to get pregnant. Good luck with everything! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i was on and off for 3 years, it took me about 4 months to get regular periods and a year to get pregnant.
  • Options
    Ugh, depo. Took me close to a year to get my period back after getting off depo, and even once it came back it was jacked up for a while.

Let your doctor know you're trying to get pregnant after depo and find out how long you should wait for your period to come back before talking to them again.
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
  • Options
    I didn't get my period until six months after my last shot wore off. We started TTC the next month and I got pregnant five months later
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MeridithMMeridithM member
    edited October 2014
    5 years ago I got pregnant about 1-2 months after the last shot wore off. It was by accident and before I got my period back. I understood the average for getting pregnant after depo was about 3-6 months. Needless to say, it didn't stick as I miscarried before the end of first tri.
  • Options

one of my girlfriends are TTC. she also is having a hard time they have been trying for 4 months and usually she is fertile murtle she also only had one dose of the Depo in July. I will let her in on your experiences and hope this helps her with a little bit of hope. thank you ladies..

• Options
    jlvaughnjlvaughn member
    edited November 2014
    I was on depo for a year and a half. My last shot was in june. Had a period at the end of august and got pregnant right after that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"