Babies on the Brain
Options

Success After "Kick-Starting" Period?

Hey!  I'm new to The Bump, but have lurked on The Knot and The Nest for years.  My H and I have been married for 5 years now and decided to start TTC earlier this year.  I have medical issues (mostly physical) so we have had to be a little more careful about planning things.  We finally got to a place where we were comfortable and talked to all of the doctors we needed to and they all gave the green light.

I went off the pill in late April, but didn't have period until mid-June.  I know it sometimes takes a while for your cycle to get with the program so I didn't think much of it.  When my period wasn't coming again by mid-August and I had a significant amount of weight loss, I decided to go see my doc and talk to her.  She said I wasn't ovulating and something was probably wrong with my hormones.  She prescribed Progesterone to "kick-start" my period and then Clomid to take for ovulation.  I should find out by next week if it worked or not, but I was wondering if anybody had success with this?

I'm really trying not to stress about this.  I just want to keep living my life and not be consumed by TTC, but I've had medical struggles my whole life so it is disappointing not being able to do this like I'm supposed to.  If anybody has some encouraging stories to share or any advice at all, I would love to hear about it.  Thank you!

Re: Success After "Kick-Starting" Period?

• Options
    I'm worried about what kind of dr would prescribe such risky treatments after only a couple months of TTC.  Usually those options aren't even discussed until after 1 year of TTC.  And it should probably be an RE, not just an OBGYN or PCP.  Your post is vague on what kind of drs, so hopefully you've covered all those bases.  But please make sure the dr is monitoring you on Clomid.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for pointing me to the other discussions.
  • Options
    Please take the prior posters advice!  I don't want your fertility to be damaged!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My cycles were irregular and I went over 4 months w/o a period.  My gyn gave me a progesterone withdrawal and 6 weeks later I ovulated and got pregnant.  It was just a kickstart to get my cycles going again.  There was no consideration for clomid in my case.  I just have irregular cycles.  OP, do you have an update?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"