2nd Trimester

Nesting??

When did you ladys start nesting? I'm 17 weeks and feel like I'm nesting already...when is the earliest during pregnancy that you've started nesting?

Re: Nesting??

• I never did nest...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think I ever did either.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • NeeseyNeesey member
    edited October 2014
    Feeling the need to über clean things (like the remote controls with q-tips and baseboards with a toothbrush) has definitely hit me. I'm normally ok just giving those things a quick wipe but I've been feeling a bit OCD about it since 18 weeks. I've noticed that it is carrying over to work too. Sure my staff is loving me right now!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • 38 weeks or so.  I got obsessed with all the bathroom hardware matching and HAD to go out and find bronze drawer pulls so there weren't 4 types of metal in there.  I also wanted to replace the doorknobs for the same reason (and bring it down to two metals - I wasn't crazy enough to want to replace faucets and shower heads), but then I'd have to replace all the doorknobs in the house, because they'd all have to match.    I also wept over our gouged kitchen floor because it would never look clean.  I was a total loony for about a week and a half there.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • I have never nested.
  • kellyfo14 said:
    It comes in waves for me. Usually after watching Hoarders…
    Pregnant or not, I have the urge to clean my place top to bottom whenever I watch that show!  And get rid of almost everything we own.  I should watch that show and THEN do our baby registry.
  • I was suddenly wide awake at 4 AM with an overwhelm urge to plant all my tulip bulbs before the first frost. I also decided I needed a few months supply of fresh water bottles for our basement in case an apocalyptic event occurred. I'm pretty sure you can call it true nesting when it doesn't quite make sense anymore.
  • Around 20 weeks I had this feeling I was way behind in terms of getting ready. My poor husband, in the course of a weekend we painted, assembled and collected. I'm guessing that was my "nesting". 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • docfunke said:
    I was suddenly wide awake at 4 AM with an overwhelm urge to plant all my tulip bulbs before the first frost. I also decided I needed a few months supply of fresh water bottles for our basement in case an apocalyptic event occurred. I'm pretty sure you can call it true nesting when it doesn't quite make sense anymore.
    Maybe I am just a ball of crazy but both of these things totally make sense to me, pregnant or not... :\">
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • lexi8990lexi8990 member
    edited October 2014
    Im pretty sure I'm nesting as of right now, and i am 23 weeks :-? I keep unpacking the diaper bag and repacking it to organize it even more. my bf laughs at me all the time because he'll catch me cleaning too much or reorganize everything.
  • Weekends are when I usually go into "crazy cleaning mode" as my husband calls it. As far as going nuts on nursery and baby prep I think its safe to say that by 30-32 weeks I am re-folding baby clothes almost daily, rearranging little things in the nursery daily, packing, unpack & re-packing me and baby's hospital bag daily. :) Not sure if it will be so over the top this time with #2 but it is fun to do all that and make sure everything is just right!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've already begun to "nest." Though, it is kind of out of necessity at this point. We live in a small townhouse, and the baby's room was the office/storage area. I'm 22 weeks now and have spent the last couple weeks getting rid of things and finding new places to store/organize stuff. I'm not sure if this is considered real "nesting," but more of my personality. I love changing things around and reorganizing, but haven't done so since we moved in 2.5 years ago. I just want everything in its place, so I don't have to deal with it after baby.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• with my DD it started at 18 weeks and it would come in spurts. this time the day i hit 15 weeks i got the urge to thoroughly detail my car and i mean i want to scrub the upholster, carpet, and trunk completely clean. and i feel i need to start clearing out clutter in DD closet and cleaning under furniture and bleaching EVERYTHING
  • I did a lot of random cleaning that I considered nesting last time around 30 weeks. I found myself scrubbing baseboards and wiping down doors. I like things to be clean but I am never that detailed.  I think I was just worried I would never do these things after the baby was born and that thought process was accurate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have always been insane as far as organization and cleaning goes in my home. So my "nesting" has seemed to come in the form of wanting to get other things ready.  I have recently become obsessed with being ready for the holidays and getting all my Christmas gifts done.  Also, I started working on thank you gifts for the labor & delivery nurses.  I'm not due for 22 weeks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• We found out that we are having a little girl last week and since then, I want to get anything and everything organized in the house. Mainly, I can't wait to see a completed nursery but I'm also feeling the need to purge all of the extras out of the rest of our house :)
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
    *FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
    *FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
    *Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • I think nesting is a real thing. It is particularly hitting me in my classroom. I feel this intense desire to have everything organized and ready for my leave, even more so that a usual need to be prepared. I will spend way too much time just neatening file cabinets and making lists of resources that the sub will probably never look at, just because it feels good to have everything in order. I have only a very small apartment, so not much to do before the baby arrives, but I still find myself emptying drawers and cleaning out the insides of closets. 
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"