September 2012 Moms
Options

Talkative Tuesday

Re: Talkative Tuesday

• Options
    I had no calm babies. Ethan was easier than Maya but I wouldn't say he was easy or calm like some people describe. I have no relaxed kids. It's probably my fault since I'm never relaxed.
    I think this way sometimes bc I'm not very calm either. But I really think a lot of it with tiny babies is pure luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    loislayn said:
    Reid is stressful and it makes me sad that my last baby is not a good one. Every day is a battle, getting him to eat, keeping him calm, worrying about this or that.

((Hugs)) @loislayn

I don't have much advice, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:

@hmp1 - I feel you on the costume.  It's not worth the fight, so Brody is going to be a Ninja Turtle.  And since I'm not saavy enough, we bought him the wrong one, so I am still trying to convince him that Donatello is better than Leonardo.  And since I know very little about the TMNT and 4 year olds are irrational, I may lose this battle and have to track down Leonardo.  The store we bought it from didn't have it in his size.  
    I put this together with skinny jeans, his rain boots, a cotton hoodie, and accessories. I wish I could find a sweater like the Junk Food super hero sweaters, but no luck. Short of getting some gold tape and really DIYing it, I think this is as good as it is going to get if I want to avoid the polyester jumpsuit. Hopefully this will excite him enough.

James Power Ranger costume

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I'm going to have a million annoying questions when I have this baby.  I feel like I don't remember half the stuff I knew back so long ago... you know, 2 years ago.
    I felt a bit like this after DD. It's crazy how much stuff you forget, probably out of necessity so as not to go crazy.

• Options
    I think I may be a sugar addict. I went to Target on my lunch hour with a specific list. When I checked out, my cart also included three kinds of candy corn, pumpkin marshmallows, Reese's peanut butter pumpkins and some orange and black chocolate chips. WTF, self?!

• Options
    loislayn said:
    @loislayn have you tried giving Reid a probiotic? I swear that was the game changer with Colby, and I'm sure everyone remembers all the complaining I did about him early on.
    I haven't tried that. Where do you even buy that stuff? LOL
    I never used them, but I know they're on Amazon, drugstore.com and diapers.com, if not in any stores near you.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I'm going to have a million annoying questions when I have this baby.  I feel like I don't remember half the stuff I knew back so long ago... you know, 2 years ago.
    I felt a bit like this after DD. It's crazy how much stuff you forget, probably out of necessity so as not to go crazy.
    This for sure!  I swear I forgot EVERYTHING and was calling my BFF every 5 seconds despite DD being my second!  I couldn't remember this simplest things and kept saying "Oh, yeaaahhh" when she would remind me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I think I may be a sugar addict. I went to Target on my lunch hour with a specific list. When I checked out, my cart also included three kinds of candy corn, pumpkin marshmallows, Reese's peanut butter pumpkins and some orange and black chocolate chips. WTF, self?!
    I am a confirmed Sugar Addict.  Search for the movie Fed Up on YouTube and there's a part where they say sugar addiction is pretty much like any other drug addiction.   I definitely feel that.

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    While I am still holding onto hope for James and the Giant Peach, I already bought the big balloon and a new tie, I am getting ready to buy a Power Rangers costume per James' request :(  

Also, I know nothing about the Power Rangers so I have to wait until he gets home to see if he likes the Megaforce or Mighty Morphin. I'm officially out of my league.

Hopefully this helmet will work because I like that it lights up.
    Product Details
    What's so sad about him wanting to be a power ranger?  They only get to dress up once a year, after all.  Where is the light up helmet from?

• Options
    It bothers me more than it should that they have new voices on Bubble Guppies.

The best episode of Wallykazam is on right now.  The songs in this one always make me dance.  ha.

Sean has been poopy/pukey for a week now.  I'm ready for this to pass.  Poor kid.

The boys are getting their bunk beds tonight.  Eeee!
    OH MY GOSH. I thought I was going crazy. My DH disagreed with this, but I SWEAR Mr. Grouper sounds soooo bad. It bothers me too. Thank you for this. LOL

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2014
    MommaP12 said:
    hmp1 said:
    While I am still holding onto hope for James and the Giant Peach, I already bought the big balloon and a new tie, I am getting ready to buy a Power Rangers costume per James' request :(  

Also, I know nothing about the Power Rangers so I have to wait until he gets home to see if he likes the Megaforce or Mighty Morphin. I'm officially out of my league.

Hopefully this helmet will work because I like that it lights up.
    Product Details
    What's so sad about him wanting to be a power ranger?  They only get to dress up once a year, after all.  Where is the light up helmet from?
    Because it means he is growing up and I don't get to pick the cutesy costumes I like any more. I was just excited to get to plan one more joint costume for him and Leo.
    Helmet is on Amazon.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My Husbands step dad passed away this past weekend. He had a brain tumor and deteriorated pretty quickly. I feel so awful for my little BIL and SIL who are 17 and 19. It's just not fair. My H's dad died when my H was 18 and he's so upset that his little brother is going through the same thing his senior year of HS. Ugh. It just makes me sad and mad. Quinn seems to be the light for everyone and she is being a trooper. We will see how she does during the visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @loislayn‌ Sorry to hear that things have been so rough with Reid. I hope it all gets easier soon. We've missed you around here. @AlinnJo‌ So sorry about your H's stepdad. That's so sad.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited October 2014
    @alinnjo I'm so sorry for your family's loss. 
  • Options
    AlinnJo said:
    My Husbands step dad passed away this past weekend. He had a brain tumor and deteriorated pretty quickly. I feel so awful for my little BIL and SIL who are 17 and 19. It's just not fair. My H's dad died when my H was 18 and he's so upset that his little brother is going through the same thing his senior year of HS. Ugh. It just makes me sad and mad. Quinn seems to be the light for everyone and she is being a trooper. We will see how she does during the visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow.
    So sorry for your family's loss @AlinnJo. That's really tough. I bet Quinn is bringing a lot of joy and comfort to everyone who's grieving.

• Options

@AlinnJo so sorry for your loss. Just look at that sweet girl. You can't help but smile.

::Raises hand:: I want all the cookies, cakes, bread. I would die of eating if I worked/lived near a bakery. I want all the carb goodness. It's so bad.

• Options

Welcome back @loislayn the board is not the same without you.  Hopefully you'll find something quickly to help Reid.  I have no advice.

@AlinnJo I am sorry for your family's loss.

imageimage 

• Options
    jenndub said:
    melody921 said:

I'm a definite sugar addict. I asked DH to get Oreos at the store and that mofo came home with Golden Oreos. I may never speak to him again.
    HAHA, I actually like the Golden ones too. They serve different snacking purposes.

• Options
    loislayn said:
    @loislayn have you tried giving Reid a probiotic? I swear that was the game changer with Colby, and I'm sure everyone remembers all the complaining I did about him early on.
    Oh yes!  We did this with W and it helped.  Our doc recommended the Bio Gia (sp?) straws, and we would set the straw in the bottle and use a syringe to plunge up and down through the straw to deposit the culture in the breast milk.  Surely there is a better way.... maybe we had the straws because that's what she had in free samples?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @alinnjo I am so sorry, that is heartbreaking :( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    jenndub said:
    melody921 said:

I'm a definite sugar addict. I asked DH to get Oreos at the store and that mofo came home with Golden Oreos. I may never speak to him again.
    HAHA, I actually like the Golden ones too. They serve different snacking purposes.

I like them too. But if I ask for Oreos, you better come home with the real thing. Or suffer my post partum wrath.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    @Alinnjo, my thoughts will be with you and your family.

• Options
    So sorry for your family's loss @AlinnJo‌

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    mnkate said:
    loislayn said:
    I'm really sorry it's been rough, Lois. A had silent reflux and was not the easiest to please of infants. He was just always uncomfortable, and it is really stressful because you just want them to feel better.

We did a chiropractor and did probiotics, both of which were game-changers. We also tried Prevacid and the other med, neither of which helped much. For a probiotic, we used BioGaia, which we got from Walgreens. But not all walgreens carry them, so I would call first. It didn't solve everything - we had to kind of tough it out and let him grow out of it.

Big hugs.

We used the bio Gaia also. I ordered it off amazon.

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited October 2014
    I am so exhausted. I literally cannot keep my eyes open. I really wish I had someone I could ask to come put the boys to bed. But I have so much stuff to do. Maybe I will actually sleep tonight.

• Options
    H hasn't seen the boys since Friday. He hasn't called to talk to them, or texted asking how they are. They haven't asked for him and I'm fine with it. I hope someday I find someone who can show them how to be a good father, right now their example sucks.

• Options
    @AlinnJo I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I hope your DH's siblings feel close enough to him to talk to him if they are struggling. And I'm glad Quinn is helping lift everyone's spirits.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    mnkate said:
    loislayn said:
    I'm really sorry it's been rough, Lois. A had silent reflux and was not the easiest to please of infants. He was just always uncomfortable, and it is really stressful because you just want them to feel better.

We did a chiropractor and did probiotics, both of which were game-changers. We also tried Prevacid and the other med, neither of which helped much. For a probiotic, we used BioGaia, which we got from Walgreens. But not all walgreens carry them, so I would call first. It didn't solve everything - we had to kind of tough it out and let him grow out of it.

Big hugs.

We used the bio Gaia also. I ordered it off amazon.
    BioGaia is now marketed as Gerber Soothe colic drops. They are dairy and soy free. The drops themselves are expensive but useful and easy because you can put on your nipple or in a bottle. 
    Walgreens carries them as does Amazon. 

Whole Foods has other options. Jarrow Baby powder is more cost effective and easy if you're giving some bottles anyway. Not dairy/soy free though. 

• Options
    @alinnjo - so sorry for your family's loss. :(

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm so sorry @AlinnJo‌. :(
    I'm exhausted and want nothing more then to go to bed but MH is bringing home fro yo after tennis so I'm waiting up. 
    <---- fatty mcfatterson party of one. 

• Options
    danabsd said:

I'm exhausted and want nothing more then to go to bed but MH is bringing home fro yo after tennis so I'm waiting up. 
    I would go to sleep and make sure DH woke me up for fro yo time. So, make that a fatty mcfatterson party of two.

• Options
    danabsd said:

Froyo is healthy......right?!
  • Options
    @loislayn‌ have you tried the other reflux medicine?  DS was on the generic for Zantac (Ranitindine Hcl),and we upped the dose a few times based on his weight.  but it was a miracle drug for him.  he had terrible acid reflux and was spitting up, crying and gassy.  After we started him on the medicine it was a huge change.  

Also we had (and he still does) based on the dr. advise as of 2 months old sleeping on a wedge.  It was something i bought at BRU and it goes under the sheets to just prop him up a bit.  We also kept him in a upright position for about 30 min after he had a bottle to help as well.   Everything seemed to help him.   I hope you find something that works for your little one! 

@AlinnJo‌ Sorry to hear of  your family's loss, however its nice that your daughter can provide everyone with a bit of happiness during this hard time.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"