Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Never Ending MC

flyoffeveflyoffeve member
edited October 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Today is day 21 of bleeding for this mc. Three weeks ago, I was at an appt when the OB took out what she thought was the baby (I was 9 weeks, and refuse to call it anything other than a baby) that was measuring at around 6 weeks. They told me the test result today of what she took and that it was just clotting- no placenta or baby tissue.

After that appt, I went in once a week for hcg draws that showed a decrease from 2911 to 2365 to 400. I just got off the phone with the nurse in the office. I am going in for another hcg test tomorrow afternoon. I may have to go in later this week for an u/s to see if I am retaining any tissue.

Dr. Google showed me over the weekend that there is such a thing as an incomplete miscarriage. Which could mean I may end up with a d/c later this week almost 4 weeks after I started to mc. This is very frustrating because I would have wanted this procedure immediately, but it was "oh just wait and pass it naturally." I am also scared over the worry for infection. I took my temperature over the weekend and did not see a rise or fever. There is no smell. I do feel some pain though.

Has anyone experienced an incomplete mc before or one that bled for this long? Any advice?

Me: 31 DH: 36
Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

Re: Never Ending MC

• Options
    Sorry for what you are going through. I had a miscarriage and used mistropol with my second one, I kept bleeding on and off for almost a couple of months. I found out in the end that I had retained tissue and was told since it was no longer attached to a blood supply and was small to wait. It took another month before it came out and I stopped bleeding. See if they can do an ultrasound to check if anything is still there maybe? I've recently had another missed miscarriage and this time had a d&c, I had almost no bleeding afterwards, then a small amount a week later for a few days then it stopped. With my first miscarriage I had been bleeding heavily for a day, then had a d&c then bleed for a few days only. I feel for you as the constant bleeding is not only draining physically but emotionally too. Hope you get the answers you need and good luck
    Married to a wonderful man

TTC since 2001

4 losses - last one in september 2014 (9 weeks - male trisomy 15)

High FSH and low ovarian reserve

Ever hopeful that one day my dreams will come true
  • Options
    I has a D&C for MMC at 9 weeks - blighted ovum. My HCG levels were over 200k so the D&C was needed to rule out molar pregnancy. No molar but I'm at almost ten weeks post D&C and my HCG is almost at zero.

I got what the doc thinks is my first period over the weekend - I past a very large clot so that was probably retained tissue. Took my levels yesterday and I'm at 27. I did spot on and off during these last weeks but nothing major. I was hoping to avoid another D&C and it seems like I will.

Sometimes it just takes your body time. Six to eight weeks isn't abnormal. But, I'd want to make sure there isn't retained tissue so you don't end up waiting around like I did.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    katie0919katie0919 member
    edited October 2014
    I think it's normal for it to take that much time for a natural miscarriage. I started bleeding on Mon, Set. 22nd and bled/passed clots for 8 days, then the last week I have had off and on stringy, brown discharge or spotting, with only a liner throughout the day being needed (TMI, sorry)....I had a follow up sono with my RE just this morning and my lining looks "good" at 3.8mm (whatever that means) - I told her about my discharge and she said it's just debris (don't you love their terminology??) leftover in the uterus. She told me it could take up to 4 more weeks to get my period and if I don't have it by then to call.

I took a wondfo pregnancy test last Thursday and it is still a clear positive, but there is definitely no sac or baby left in my uterus, so these things just take a long time I suppose.:( I would definitely request a sonogram to ensure there is no retained tissue. So sorry for your loss!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    Sha259Sha259 member
    edited October 2014
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. with my M/C last month, we discovered it at 8w3d, and I had a D&C 2 days later. I am still bleeding, but my beta's have been dropping fairly well. It was at 1668 1 week after D&C, and 101 2 weeks after that. My next beta is on Monday.

My nurse said that in most cases, the bleeding is good, as long as it is not accompanied with severe pain, and that is your body getting rid of the remainder of your lining. She also said that my RE was very gentle with the D&C. as not to cause my uterus any stress.

This makes sense to me, as I started working out again 2 weeks ago, started to bleed pretty heavy, but with little-no pain, and after that, my betas fell drastically. I think the activity helps your body figure out what is going on, but again, I am still bleeding, almost 4 weeks post D&C. 

There is no way to know what to expect. You just have to listen to your body. I hope things get better for you.
  • Options
    Have they done an ultrasound yet?? I had one while I was miscarrying to insure all tissue was gone.
    I would definitely recommend that.

I would be so frustrated too.
  • Options

@4N6s Thanks for checking up. Short answer: not yet.

Longer answer: I am still dealing with this. It is back to heavier this week, basically a second round of a mc (including nausea, bm issues, and intense cramps). So, hopefully this is finally it. My HCG was at 40 on Tuesday. I am going in for another blood draw next Tuesday. OB says if I am still bleeding next week then they will schedule the u/s.

My Chart

• Options
    Eeek. Good luck, I just hate that you're getting strung along.
  • Options
    Whew. I think it is finally over. I passed the baby in the evening yesterday. I am taking the container to the doctor today to see if they can run tests and find anything out. Still need to get blood drawn tomorrow.

My Chart

• Options
    Best of luck. I'm hoping it's over.
  • Options
    Thanks @4N6s, it is over. I took the baby to the dr last week to get tested. My level was below 2 on Tuesday, so I am also done with blood draws. Now the wait for test results.

My Chart

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!! (Hugs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"