September 2012 Moms

Mellow Monday

Chit chat thread.

It is probably a good thing that I have never actually gotten around to updating (or even decorating) James' room since we moved here 3 years ago because I keep changing my mind. I want the boys to share that room one day in the next year or two so I feel like I should wait. I thought I would do bunk beds, then decided I wanted day beds, then I wanted DH to make wooden headboards. Yesterday I started looking at wingback headboards, so in love. I'm all over the place.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: Mellow Monday

• Colbys room hasn't changed at all since the day we moved in, since it was keagans room originally. I'm simultaneously looking forward to and dreading the transition to a big bed, because I will take advantage of that and finally re-do it.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just opened the mail to find out that I am being charged with the accident H was in back in July. He one he hid from me and lied to me about. The insurance company has been trying to get a statement from him since August, and he is ignoring them. I'm fuming.

• I have been in compliance training all day, blech.

I ran to the store at lunch to get myself something to eat and pick up some things for dinner. Got to the checkout and had no wallet. I left it at home in the diaper bag. No lunch for me.

My family is making me crazy. My mom texted Saturday to ask if it's bad that my brothers eyes are yellow. First of all, I'm not a dr. Second, I told her to call the nurse who discharged him. Today I follow up and she still never called. He seems ok though, because he's hanging out with his girlfriend. Yes Mom, I think that is one of the criteria they use to determine if your liver is failing, "ability to hang out with girlfriend". Face palm.
  • A post on FB today. I know this is a split argument around here... but it rubbed me the wrong way.

"Let me just get my rant out of the way... One of my MANY pet peeves... When parents are off of work but choose to bring their child to preschool. Even worse, why have three kids and bring two into preschool but keep the older one at home?! If you don't want to spend time with your children, you should've closed your legs or gotten snipped a while ago. There is no excuse for this crap. My mom enjoyed spending time with me when I was little. Parents now days aren't worth anything. (No offense to the good parents on here)."

• We close on the sale of our house in 2 1/2 weeks.

Our new house is definitely not in move-in condition (though hopefully we'll have the bare minimum for a certificate of occupancy by then), and it just occurred to me yesterday to start packing.

I recruited all of my B&SILs for a painting party this Sunday.  With the time crunch, we don't have an entire week for the company that was originally supposed to paint, to do their work.  So we have to paint the entire interior of the house sans the ceiling on Sunday.

I may have an ulcer by the end of October.

...that's not very mellow.

• kdsmith43 said:

A post on FB today. I know this is a split argument around here... but it rubbed me the wrong way.

"Let me just get my rant out of the way... One of my MANY pet peeves... When parents are off of work but choose to bring their child to preschool. Even worse, why have three kids and bring two into preschool but keep the older one at home?! If you don't want to spend time with your children, you should've closed your legs or gotten snipped a while ago. There is no excuse for this crap. My mom enjoyed spending time with me when I was little. Parents now days aren't worth anything. (No offense to the good parents on here)."
    Holy cow. Is this a DC provider? How judgy and horrible! I'm not even talking about whether you agree with her or not, just the way she is saying is awful regardless.
  • I'm sorry @harti09‌ I can't imagine how hard that must be.
  • harti09 said:
    I've been running errands and going to appointments all morning. Grocery store, 2 year well baby, dry cleaners, and now sitting at speech. It's only 10:30am. I need a nap. We're doing a cross country flight on Thursday and I'm in scramble mode making sure we're ready. I hate that preparing for a trip is all on me. DH is officially leaving again. There is a range of emotions with it. This deployment scares me more than others have. I can tell it makes him nervous too.
    I'm sorry to hear it's official and that you have to go through this.  Have they said how long he'll have to be gone? 
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2014
    I think I'm going with a simple look like this room, and they are getting a teepee for Christmas.

clientawesomebyamberinteriors19

But wingback headboards
    Davis Upholstered Wingback Bed, Charcoal O860

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• harti09 said:
    DH is officially leaving again. There is a range of emotions with it. This deployment scares me more than others have. I can tell it makes him nervous too.
    Big hugs!!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @harti09 sorry to hear that - will he be gone long?  I can only imagine how tough that is.

one of the girls I grew up has managed through three deployments since they were married. I never know how she does it - but she is one strong woman!  Hopefully you have a group of friends / other wives around, it's how she always kept busy.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited October 2014
    Oh no! Big huge hugs @harti09‌ so sorry to hear :(

• @harti09 I am so sorry to hear that your DH is deploying!  You get all of the hugs today!

DH and I talked more last night.  He's upset that I don't automatically believe, but said that he understands how it looks and feels to me.  

I'm exhausted because I somehow managed to get an ear infection, a sinus infection and bronchitis!  And the day after I started the antibiotics the lymph nodes in my neck swelled up huge and I can barely move my head and I am in constant pain.  

I'm pretty over it all!

@hmp1 I love the look of the winged headboard, but I also really like the light on the headboard too!  Tough decision there!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

edited October 2014
    I bit the bullet and ordered Keagans duvet cover with a gift card this morning. Now I'm kicking myself because I should have ordered some of the bento lunch boxes from the same site as well. Im so dumb for not looking there before placing the order. Guess they will be brown bagging it for a while, I'm not paying S&h twice in the same day.

• I bit the bullet and ordered Keagans duvet cover with a gift card this morning. Now I'm kicking myself because I should have ordered some of the bento lunch boxes from the same site as well. Im so dumb for not looking there before placing the order. Guess they will be brown bagging it for a while, I'm not paying S&h twice in the same day.
    Call, if it hasn't shipped yet ask if you can add it on to your order.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Why can't I update my damn siggy picture?!

• Thanks @marisakathleen!  I love your siggy too!  So much fun to update pictures!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• kdsmith43 said:
    Why can't I update my damn siggy picture?!
    Are you on a computer? Click the little guy on the top right of the page.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited October 2014
    A post on FB today. I know this is a split argument around here... but it rubbed me the wrong way.

Holy cow. Is this a DC provider? How judgy and horrible! I'm not even talking about whether you agree with her or not, just the way she is saying is awful regardless.
    Who puts posts on FB just to judge other people?  And, presumably, it's the people whose children she cares for that she's complaining to?  So, she's openly judging the people who pay her salary, for not taking their kids away and paying her anyway?  I get frustrated when DC providers are this embittered, and I don't even use one. 
  • I finally have a full staff....the last 2wks have been pure hell....and i'm off 1/2day tomorrow because we do not have a babysitter for D.

my weekend went way too fast and I did not get anything accomplished except laundry and dishes because those are a priority in my house.

we almost almost adopted another dog...now I am kicking myself because we didn't and i'm worried she went to an abusive/awful home. I want another dog so bad but D is super rough with ours now so I am hoping in another year he will mellow out and we can get another dog so it can learn from our current dog how to be chill.

I can not wait to go to the neurosurgeon next Monday...my back is so freaking bad I cant stand it...I would rather go thru 15more csections where I felt everything then the pain I am in now.

edited October 2014
    hmp1 said:
    I bit the bullet and ordered Keagans duvet cover with a gift card this morning. Now I'm kicking myself because I should have ordered some of the bento lunch boxes from the same site as well. Im so dumb for not looking there before placing the order. Guess they will be brown bagging it for a while, I'm not paying S&h twice in the same day.
    Call, if it hasn't shipped yet ask if you can add it on to your order.

I did call, they won't add it :( they said I would end up paying the S&H anyway because the weight of the package would have changed. I call BS, they can't weigh more than 3 pounds total. Oh well.

• @harti09 I'm so very sorry :(  Hugs and all of my good vibes and juju coming your way
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I just wanted to stop in and say hi.  I am dead after working so much last week and the entire weekend.  I just submitted my work about 10 minutes before deadline, and now I just want to nap for the next week!  I don't think I've been good to my body / my pregnancy the past week :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @harti09 I'm sorry about your DH. You are amazing. I have no idea how you do it! ((HUGS))

Also @kdsmith43 who the hell is this person to judge why I dropped my kids off at DC but kept one home? Do you know the situation, no then STFU. I've dropped B off several times just to get things done. No shame. I'm guess this person has no children. They are always the ones to run their mouth about "if I had kids..." Uh huh.

@Holly_1007 I'd call back and say you want to cancel the order if they can't add the items on. Then you can reorder :)

• kdsmith43 said:

Wow, judgy FB post. I think people should worry less about how/when parents spend time with their kids. There have been a few times my kids were at school and I was off work bc I was doing something I couldn't get done with them with me.

• harti09 said:
    I've been running errands and going to appointments all morning. Grocery store, 2 year well baby, dry cleaners, and now sitting at speech. It's only 10:30am. I need a nap. We're doing a cross country flight on Thursday and I'm in scramble mode making sure we're ready. I hate that preparing for a trip is all on me. DH is officially leaving again. There is a range of emotions with it. This deployment scares me more than others have. I can tell it makes him nervous too.
    I'm sorry @harti09 :-(

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2014

Who puts posts on FB just to judge other people?  And, presumably, it's the people whose children she cares for that she's complaining to?  So, she's openly judging the people who pay her salary, for not taking their kids away and paying her anyway?  I get frustrated when DC providers are this embittered, and I don't even use one. 
    I snickered at her being an employee. If we all kept our kids home every day off we had, chances are bitter employees like that would be the first to be fired due to lack of need. I also think if daycare employees are going to take this attitude, they shouldn't work for a daycare that makes you pay whether you drop your child off or not. Guess what, if I don't drop off my kids, I'm still paying them $100 for that day.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm so sorry @harti09‌

Dh's sink in the bathroom doesn't drain well and we keep forgetting to get drain cleaner. Anyway, at least once a day I fill the sink up and let dd play in the water while it slowly drains. It's a good five minutes of peace.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Pokedot said:

@harti09 I'm sorry about your DH. You are amazing. I have no idea how you do it! ((HUGS))

Also @kdsmith43 who the hell is this person to judge why I dropped my kids off at DC but kept one home? Do you know the situation, no then STFU. I've dropped B off several times just to get things done. No shame. I'm guess this person has no children. They are always the ones to run their mouth about "if I had kids..." Uh huh.

@Holly_1007 I'd call back and say you want to cancel the order if they can't add the items on. Then you can reorder :)

They wouldn't let me do that either. My only option is to return it and buy it all again, too much of a hassle. I'm bummed nonetheless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"