1st Trimester

Nosebleed, TMI Warning

jennilarkspurjennilarkspur member
edited October 2014 in 1st Trimester
I had a nosebleed in my sleep last night.  Woke up to blood on the pillow, and nose and throat stuffed with clots and drying blood.  I read through old forums and found that nosebleeds are common starting very close to the second trimester, and particularly common to awaken to find there was a nosebleed overnight.  Being in the first trimester, I'm wondering if I should just chalk this up to a random nosebleed maybe from dry air.... or if nosebleeds sometimes just start a little sooner.  Anyone else getting any nosebleeds this early?

(BTW, not too concerned, just curious.)
BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Nosebleed, TMI Warning

• Symptoms are different with every pregnancy. The timelines are just guidelines based on when those symptoms most commonly appear. So really, either of the options is perfectly possible. Just keep an eye on it, and if it continues to happen, make sure to bring it up to your doctor just to be safe.
  • I get nosebleeds every winter, pregnant or not. If it's particularly dry and you're pregnant? I'd say yeah, just chalk it up to early symptoms and the weather working against you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input, ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I had two separate nose bleeds during my first trimester. It's from increased blood flow but I'm sure dry air doesn't help.

Use arm and hammer simply saline nasal mist to help moisten and clear your nose. It is just salt water, nothing added. 

Also, it probably seemed like clots but it is actually just snot with blood on it. Snot will go into overdrive when your nose is irritated, and then if you have a bleed it gets bloody obviously. If you had a nose full of clots but were still bleeding then something would be seriously wrong there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Btw, my first nosebleed was at 7 weeks. I am prone to them though and have sensitive nasal passages so I wasn't surprised.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"