September 2012 Moms
Options

How was your weekend?

Ups, downs? What did you do? Who did you see?

Also I'm in need of a good pumpkin recipe. I almost don't care what, I just want pumpkin! Give me all you've got!

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    The weekend was good overall, even though DH and I got into an argument about something stupid last night. On Friday, I left work a little early and picked up the kids. We ate Chinese food for dinner and just got into weekend mode. We went to visit my brother, sister-in-law and mom on Saturday. Only 3.5 months until my little niece or nephew arrives!

Sunday morning, I ran a 5K that ended with beer and a gingerbread medal :-) We spent a little time at a local festival in the early afternoon. Then we we home, hung out, the kids played and DH and I cooked a ton of food -- chili, a roasted chicken with a bunch of sides. It feels so good to go into the week knowing we have warm, healthy food for dinner. It feels like it was months since I've cooked something official. 

DS and I made these pumpkin cookies last night. They're fabulous. The remind me of pumpkin muffin tops. I now need to try not to eat all of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Pokedot I just made these yesterday and they were a hit at my house. I didn't make them as sandwiches, though, and I frosted half of them with the cream cheese recipe, and the other half with cool whip. The verdict is still out which tastes better!

• Options
    jessk86 said:
    @Pokedot I just made these yesterday and they were a hit at my house. I didn't make them as sandwiches, though, and I frosted half of them with the cream cheese recipe, and the other half with cool whip. The verdict is still out which tastes better!

YES! Whoopie pies are delicious. I'm partial to apple ones too.

• Options
    I had so much I wanted to get done yesterday, but I came down with a crappy cold (and maybe sinus infection?) and ended up laying around all day.  Luckily DH was awesome and let me get rest when I could.  I doubt I am going to make it through the day today.  I hate the start of winter/fall - I feel like I always get sick this time of year.  The kids didn't seem to mind the extra TV time though.

I was still feeling okay on Saturday, so we got to pick out our kitchen appliances for the new house. That was fun!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

We make pumpkin pancakes at our house.

https://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-pumpkin-pancakes-210364

They're super dense, and very filling! :)

We took C took the local fire station for an open house they were having. He was really leary of actually getting in the trucks, but he loved looking at them.

I also went to see Gone Girl, seeing as I read the book about 3 yrs ago and LOVED it. I don't remember it being as raunchy as the movie played it out to be... lol. Was still a good movie.

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mhanson18 said:

We make pumpkin pancakes at our house.

https://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-pumpkin-pancakes-210364

They're super dense, and very filling! :)

We took C took the local fire station for an open house they were having. He was really leary of actually getting in the trucks, but he loved looking at them.

I also went to see Gone Girl, seeing as I read the book about 3 yrs ago and LOVED it. I don't remember it being as raunchy as the movie played it out to be... lol. Was still a good movie.

I just read that book a couple weeks ago and want to see the movie.  Glad to hear it was good!  I'm planning to drag DH to it if we can get a babysitter in the next few weeks...

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm trying to make plans to see Gone Girl with one of my friends. It's like pulling teeth. It's a friend that I feel like I try 100% more than she does. I'm not sure when to "give up" on the whole friendship. I'm excited to see it. I read the book which was fabulous.

• Options
    It was a normal weekend for us, nothing exciting.
    Dinner at my parents' Friday night.
    Took the boys and one of the neighbor boys to play frisbee golf at a local course then out for pizza.
    We didn't get home until almost 3 so the boys slept until almost 6. We made a fire outside and cooked hot dogs and veggies on the fire, then toasted marshmallows. 
    Sunday was just hanging around the house, football, cleaning, getting us all ready to go to TX on Thursday. My goal is to not be up until midnight on Wed packing and getting the house picked up.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    We had another showing last night and they made an offer!  Fingers crossed it all works out. 
    Congrats!  Hope it works out for you guys!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    We had another showing last night and they made an offer!  Fingers crossed it all works out. 
    Congrats!  Hope it works out for you guys!
    Thank you!
  • Options
    MommaP12MommaP12 member
    edited October 2014
    Friday I missed work and we took both kids to the Pedi - it was DD's two year and DS had strep.  It was a fun 2 hours there and so glad I could miss another day of work since I've been here not even a month.  Sigh.  DS got a penicillin shot.

Saturday, wedding dress shopping with my little sister and it was awesome and she bought her beautiful dress!  Put up Halloween decorations at night with DS.

Yesterday, I spent way too much at Marshall's and got a boat load of stuff for the house.  Then I just TCB'd and baked.

Pumpkin cheesecake loaf I make every year - I put it on IG yestserday too since I made some last night:  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It was a really good weekend. MIL picked up DS on Sat. After they left we tiddied up the front yard. Painted our breakfast area!!! That is something we have wanted to do for over 2 years now. Rented some movies for Sat. night even though it was late. On Sunday a friend whom I haven't seen also in 2 years was in town so she came by to visit. That was so enjoyable! We had lunch with MIL and then we went to get some accessories for the breakfast area and then got in the pool just DH and I. The weather was so nice. Wish we could have spent more time with MIL but there is always next time. We needed some time alone. Though I still miss my baby. Can't wait to see him after work today.

imageimage 

• Options
    dimples12 said:

My moods were kinda everywhere this weekend. I blame it on CJ giving up his nap. I had Friday off so we went to his ped and then Five Guys with DH. It was great. Friday afternoon I was supposed to help a friend but because of said nap issue, I could not. :/ Saturday, my goal was to switch out seasons and go through attic contents. However, I spent most of the day separating CJ and our puppy. CJ observed some of our guests playing rough with her and now wants to lay on the floor with her and pull at her. :/ I am trying to break his behavior while discouraging her from biting him. I truly don't blame her for nipping the way he is with her.

Sunday was much, much better. Great day at church and the afternoon with friends. CJ fell asleep at 6:45 and didn't wake up until this morning. Made the night much better. ;)

Not that you asked ;) but today we saw baby girl. She looks great! I get the next four hours to do prep work and I am just so thrilled to have the house to myself. :)

This is how B is with one of our cats. He decides at random times that he wants to terrorize him. I try to redirect but that doesn't work. Kids man.

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    Friday I missed work and we took both kids to the Pedi - it was DD's two year and DS had strep.  It was a fun 2 hours there and so glad I could miss another day of work since I've been here not even a month.  Sigh.  DS got a penicillin shot.

Saturday, wedding dress shopping with my little sister and it was awesome and she bought her beautiful dress!  Put up Halloween decorations at night with DS.

Yesterday, I spent way too much at Marshall's and got a boat load of stuff for the house.  Then I just TCB'd and baked.

Pumpkin cheesecake loaf I make every year - I put it on IG yestserday too since I made some last night:  

@MommaP12, what's a penicillin shot? In lieu of the oral antibiotics?

That pumpkin loaf sounds sooooo good.

• Options
    We went to the zoo Saturday which was fun.  It is an hour and 15 mins away so the car ride was kind of a pain, but they did sleep quite a bit of it thank goodness.
    Sunday was just getting stuff done..always goes by too fast!  No pumpkin recipes..not a fan, sorry. 
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Went to my brothers soccer game on Saturday then to my sister apartment to celebrate my siblings birthdays. It was pretty awful. Her apartment was recently renovated and she didn't evven attempt to baby proof. Colby was walking around with a razor blade at one point. She doesn't even subscribe to any cable channels that they would watch. She is also very uptight and at one point yelled at Colby for wearing shoes in the house, not because they were dirty, but because he was being too loud on the wood floors. I almost left at least 3 separate times. It was exhausting. On Sunday we met up with my parents and sister to go to an apple orchard and pumpkin picking. It's so frustrating that they really don't respect my time. Colby didn't get to nap until 3pm, and that was only because he passed out in the car due to sheer exhaustion.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I went to see the MW on Friday afternoon to see why baby making isn't working. She seems to think it might be more of a "ships passing in the night" scenario and told me to try for two more months then she will send me to a fertility doctor for more testing. So, weekend was spent TTC :)

Saturday we went to Build a Bear since the trip last weekend ended up with me crashing onto a curb and blowing out two tires. DH drove this time, but our BAB experience was not what I had expected. T pooped while we were waiting in line, the girl who stuffed the bear did not say one word to us, and T could have cared less. We should have gone on a week day when it wasn't so crowded... but whatever.

Yesterday after church I pulled weeds for 3 hours. My back is killing me, but the yard looks great. I also made chicken taco soup in the crock pot (just threw it together) and it was SO good! 

2 chicken breast

Can of chili beans or black beans

Can of corn

Can of rotel

Can of tomato sauce

Can of tomato paste

Can of water

Half a yellow onion

Package of chicken taco seasoning

Package of ranch seasoning

Handful of chopped cilantro

Crock it on low all day J

• Options
    melody921 said:
    MommaP12 said:

@MommaP12, what's a penicillin shot? In lieu of the oral antibiotics?

That pumpkin loaf sounds sooooo good.
    Yes.  He just took the amoxicillan for 10 days the second week of September for an ear infections so when the doctor offered the one time shot instead of 10 days of oral, I opted for it though at the time DS hated me.  :(  But 20 minutes of the shot/being ticked about that was better than 10 days of him saying "I don't want to take that medicine"

The loaf is awesome.  I never add the cloves or orange zest since I never have them on hand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We had a healthy mix of relaxing and busy to our weekend. DH had a boys night trip at BIL's cabin in WI, so Jack, Will and I went to Panera and Target on Friday night.
    Saturday the three of us went to the grocery store, then naps. DH came home after nap time and we went to a Bday party. I got to go out with some teacher friends to dinner and to see Gone Girl. It was VERY busy so we ended up at the 10:00 movie and driving home by myself at 12:30/1 scared the bejesus out of me.
    Yesterday was a mix of housework, playing, grading papers, and I switched out Will's closet from his summer stuff to the next size up in fall/winter clothes. THAT is always such a project. Next weekend I'll have to do Jack's. Blah. His is easier bc there is no "magic" bin to go through, I have to magically (and gradually)shop to put new things in. It's just getting the too small stuff out and in a new bin.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    I also made chicken taco soup in the crock pot (just threw it together) and it was SO good! 

That sounds delish! I have soup on my mind now that it's starting to get a bit cooler.

• Options
    We moved into our house on Friday and the weekend was a whirlwind. Movers on Friday, furniture delivery on Friday and a giant issue with Sears not installing our washer and dryer, instead just leaving it in the garage. It took three days to get it installed. In the meantime, Ethan managed to throw a tennis ball down the venting pipe for the dryer :((  No idea how we are going to get it out, my brother is coming over this coming weekend to try to help. It smells like hot tennis balls when we run the dryer and I'm assuming it's a fire hazard, so we can't use it.... Wah!!!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    @Eastie156, do you have a long handle wand type part of your vacuum? Maybe you could stick it into the venting pipe and pull the tennis ball out that way? 

• Options
    pharmer78 said:
    @Eastie156, do you have a long handle wand type part of your vacuum? Maybe you could stick it into the venting pipe and pull the tennis ball out that way? 
    @pharmer78 My preggo brain decided doing nothing was better than anything over the weekend. My brother actually mentioned this last night on the phone. Of course now the dryer is connected so he's got to move it out, disconnect it and try it... toddlers ;)

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    I went to see the MW on Friday afternoon to see why baby making isn't working. She seems to think it might be more of a "ships passing in the night" scenario and told me to try for two more months then she will send me to a fertility doctor for more testing. So, weekend was spent TTC :)

Saturday we went to Build a Bear since the trip last weekend ended up with me crashing onto a curb and blowing out two tires. DH drove this time, but our BAB experience was not what I had expected. T pooped while we were waiting in line, the girl who stuffed the bear did not say one word to us, and T could have cared less. We should have gone on a week day when it wasn't so crowded... but whatever.

Yesterday after church I pulled weeds for 3 hours. My back is killing me, but the yard looks great. I also made chicken taco soup in the crock pot (just threw it together) and it was SO good! 

2 chicken breast

Can of chili beans or black beans

Can of corn

Can of rotel

Can of tomato sauce

Can of tomato paste

Can of water

Half a yellow onion

Package of chicken taco seasoning

Package of ranch seasoning

Handful of chopped cilantro

Crock it on low all day J

going to try this! What size crockpot do you use for this? I have a very small one and a medium size (maybe 3 or 4 qt crock?)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"