Third-Party Reproduction
Options

*Third-Party Reproduction Check-in* Oct 5

2»

Re: *Third-Party Reproduction Check-in* Oct 5

• Options
    @TRexsMum - Welcome to the Board! We are also expecting our take home baby in three weeks via a gestational surrogate.

I understand what you mean by being impatient and anxious about birth and bonding!

Some things that have helped us:
    1) I felt MUCH better after doing the hospital tour. We are lucky in that our hospital have had several GC in the last couple of months (Illinois is very popular for surrogacy). 
    2) We sat down with our GC and her husband and filled out a birth plan. I found one that a surrogate had shared on her blog and used it as a template. It also helped us to talk through some issues all
     together.
    3) Become BFF with the Labor and Delivery Social Worker. He/She will be your advocate because the role of the nurses/doctors is to take care of the health/well-being of the child and woman giving birth.
    4) I can understand why your husband is upset, but I also strongly feel that the GC should have her privacy wishes honored. YH probably wouldn't want another man seeing all your privates either. 
    I would encourage you to keep an open dialogue about it until the time comes (is there a compromise like he can be in there only at the end, only up by the head), but in the end you will be going home with your child!

Hang in there and hold on!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"