September 2012 Moms

Christmas in October!

Has anyone started their holiday shopping? I am in such a panic this year as I will be hosting for the first time and don't want to spread myself or my money thin. I started a list based on commercials my boys flip over and have begun picking up items. Anyone else in early holiday mode?

Re: Christmas in October!

• Nope, way too early for me. But I think it's great if people can space out the shopping. I'm not even sure yet what I'll want to get bc my kids currently seem to have everything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, I have started buying as I see stuff. I bought two M&D puzzles and a set of wooden blocks. Hoping to just buy a few things and keep it low scale. Family members will be getting home made items this year (burlap wreaths, essential oil goodies, baked goods, etc.)

• Loading the player...
  • DH just picked up 3 things from the kids' list last week. It has begun!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• smb+jabsmb+jab member
    edited October 2014
    I would love to be one of those shop ahead people but I am not.  I usually officially start the day after thankgiving.

However I am not pleased that some stores already have Christmas out.  I was at Costco yesterday and they had lit trees displayed!  too early!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • I started a while ago actually. I pick things up when I see them on good sales. Also I've been adding/deleting/checking off items on my lists. Since B has so many people that buy for him I've been putting ideas down for others too.

• Usually I'm a procrastinator, but I ended up picking up a few things last week while I was at BRU for something else.

• I've bought for all my nieces and nephews as well as a few things for the kids. I'm hoping to continue adding over the next couple of months.
  • Not yet. We'll probably start in December after we choose our secret Santa.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I've started buying little things but I need to come up with a game plan. We have no more room for any toys and SO many people that want to buy for them.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • We did a big toy purge before we moved into our new home and I plan to have them donate a few items as well. We don't want to go crazy with toys this year so items are being chosen very carefully. Right now both the 2 and 4 year old are obsessed with anything Ninja Turtle so we have gotten a few items from them. My mom and dad moved to Florida so I will most likely send them and my brother gift cards. My plan is to be done by Black Friday.
  • I haven't even hit the kid's bday yet. Nope, nope, nope.

• Pretty sure my S12er is the only one without a kitchen helper but we've been saving it.  Shell be getting that, some kitchen helping accessories (currently undecided) and mini chef cooking classes.  As well as all the other random shiz I pick up as Christmas comes closer.  And the baby's getting convertible carseats. :p

• wait... that wasn't the question?

I got my nephews (6&9) TMNT allthethings off Zulily they love it.  Everyone else I'm open to ideas...

• Nope, nope and no. I can't even think past Halloween right now.

I will say that we will probably do a gift with more thought as opposed to just grabbing a bunch of toys. We don't need many more toys in the house.

Anniversary

• I buy things as I see them on Zulily or if I'm out shopping for other things and I see something cute/on sale.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• danabsd said:
    Pretty sure my S12er is the only one without a kitchen helper but we've been saving it.  Shell be getting that, some kitchen helping accessories (currently undecided) and mini chef cooking classes.  As well as all the other random shiz I pick up as Christmas comes closer.  And the baby's getting convertible carseats. :p
    This was James' Christmas when he was two. He got the kitchen helper, an apron and oven mitt from ETSY (I got a matching oven mitt), cookie cutters, cutting board, safe knives, and a salad spinner type chopper.

Product Details Product Details

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I always shop stupidly early.
    I have both of my little nieces done, and 99% of Nancy.  I'm sticking with the "something you want, something you need, something to wear & something to read."  I have to get something to wear, and it will probably be Christmas jammies.

This year I'm really trying to do experiences with my Mom, siblings & DH.  I actually bought a Groupon this morning for a pizza & beer pairing at a local pizza company here...Do any of you guys have Palermo's in your grocery stores?  They're around 20 minutes from our house.  They make some of the best frozen pizza of all time, but they have an Italian restaurant where they do events.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Until we pick names with my siblings, I have no idea what to do with them.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• hmp1 said:

danabsd said:

Pretty sure my S12er is the only one without a kitchen helper but we've been saving it.  Shell be getting that, some kitchen helping accessories (currently undecided) and mini chef cooking classes.  As well as all the other random shiz I pick up as Christmas comes closer.  And the baby's getting convertible carseats. :p

This was James' Christmas when he was two. He got the kitchen helper, an apron and oven mitt from ETSY (I got a matching oven mitt), cookie cutters, cutting board, safe knives, and a salad spinner type chopper.

Product Details Product Details

Thanks!

• I'm half way done.  I need to figure out my brother and BIL.  Then it should be pretty well decided.  We are doing want, need, wear, read again for Luci.  I am hoping our parents don't go crazy for her Christmas, but who knows.  DH and I had planned on doing bedroom stuff for Christmas, but now I am unsure about that.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"