January 2015 Moms
Options

Can they record the ultrasound?

I mean I'm not going to get my hopes up, but have any of you been able to have your ultrasound recorded onto a disk or something? I don't know why I'm thinking about it now. Maybe because I'm finally feeling them move a lot more and actually able I feel their kicks from the outside of my belly. I think it would be awesome if they can record them for you, but just wanted to see if any of you knew before I asked. I hate being told no :(

Re: Can they record the ultrasound?

• Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited October 2014
    The private 3d places do.. Medical ones no
  • Options
    My medical one is recorded every ultrasound and we are given discs right after.  This is with my Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor so it depends who your doctor is.  :-)
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JoaPata said:

My medical one is recorded every ultrasound and we are given discs right after.  This is with my Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor so it depends who your doctor is.  :-)

Posh! All depends on who u know
  • Options
    I think it depends on where you live and where you go. In Ontario we don't get DVDs for our 2D medical ultrasounds but I was able to purchase one (though I didn't) when I went to the 3D clinic.
  • Options
    I've always received a disk with photos and a short video at my anatomy scans (at the hospital), so I would guess that they'd do them for other scans too.
  • Options
    Some clinics offer this (not just elective or 3D places, but definitely not all). Call around a few clinics in your area and ask. It was an option for the anatomy scans for my first two.
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • Options
    The one I go to offers it. You aren't allowed to record it yourself, but you can pay $10 for a disc of all the baby's movements. They only do the 2D, but most 3D places I've seen have it included in the packages.
  • Options
    Some clinics so offer it, I would just check around in your area to find out for sure. Today I went to our local college for an elective u/s. It didn't cost anything, I basically volunteered my scan to a student training to be a tech. It was a very nice place! They did 2D, 3D & a live clip of baby yawning. My advice would just be to look around and see what you can find available to you!
  • Options
    Wow, I wish that the places I went to offered DVDs! Obviously from what PPs have said, it depends on where you go. I, unfortunately, have never received a DVD with any of my medical ultrasounds. With my first pregnancy, we had an elective u/s which came with a DVD. It cost about $120 for 15 minutes and was a combo of 2D and 3D imagining and that's the only DVD we have.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I get dvds of my (medical) scans - worth asking for sure.
  • Options
    The one I go to gives us a DVD and texts the picture to my phone, as well as giving me a printout of the pic. Very high-tech compared to when I had DD. And, this one is 4-d, plus regular ultrasound. Because of my age, I am scheduled to get one every month. I guess that's one of the benefits of being old and pregnant! LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Beckyboo71‌, I go every two weeks for ultrasounds! But it's because I'm high risk with identical twins. I don't complain about all of the ultrasounds either! ;)
  • Options
    I got a private scan and got a DVD. It was amazing seeing my son in 4D!!
    The hospital I used to attend (changed hospitals now - long story) refused to give out scan pictures unless you were going through miscarrage, then the pics were a memento of your baby.
  • Options
    I only have tiny videos on a disk from when I got genetic scan done but they are only a few seconds long and I have only got it at a large hospital in my state. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers And Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My MFM records every ultrasound I get on a disc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"